Chapter 6

OCTOBER 2010
Season 1, Episode 8

"It's insane. How many words do they expect you to learn in one night?" Hanna groaned as the four of them studied together in Spencer's kitchen. Lianna fixed the stool and sat beside Spencer.

"Stringent." Aria asked Spencer as she looked at the flashcards. "Uh, tough. Inflexible." Spencer answered.

"It's not like you're actually gonna use them."Hanna said as she continue to write in her notebook. "Meretricious." Aria said.

"It's not like you go to college and then... ...you start speaking a different language." Hanna said. Lianna tapped her pen against her book before looking at her friend. "It's about getting into college, Han." She said to her making her roll her eyes.

"Meretricious. Um... Phony, flashy." Spencer answered and Aria hummed when Spencer got the answer correctly. "Uh, Han, why are you still eating that?" Aria asked as Hanna took a pasta from our leftovers last night.

"Because it's here." Hanna said. "Just throw it in the garbage" Lianna said to her.

"Then I'd have to stand over the garbage and eat it." Hanna said making them chuckle. "Besotted." Aria said.

"Infatuated, enamored, in love with." Lianna answered before Spencer can even answer. The three of them looked at the girl as she bit her lip and continued answering her homework.

"Hey, what did Noel say to you after the memorial?" Hanna said. "Oh you talking to that jerk now?" Lianna said before taking the cup of tea that Spencer made for her.

"We are taking the SATs in less than 12 hours. Can we focus?" Spencer said and gave her a small smile. "Okay, Spencer... ...you do not need to know any more big words. You're already scary enough." Hanna said making Lianna chuckle.

"I'm not scary." Spencer said before looking at the girl beside her. "Am I scary?" She asked.

"Uhh a little." Lianna answered and used her finger to show her how scary she was making the girls chuckle.

"Hey, I saw Noel Kahn hug you. And he did not wanna let go." Hanna teased. "Talk about not wanting to let something go." Aria said, widening her eyes to stop Hanna from talking.

"Why can't you give him a chance?" Hanna asked and Aria looked at the ex-girlfriend. "Eh, just be careful, you know how Noel is." Lianna warned with a small smile on her face.

"He's smart, he's cute... ...his Dad owns, like, half of Rhode Island." Hanna said not wanting to let go of the topic. "And he's got great lips." She added.

"His father?" Spencer said making both Lianna and Hanna cringe. "No, Noel. Ew." Hanna said to her.

"Okay, can we not talk about how great my ex's lips are?" Lianna said suddenly, dropping her pen as she raised an eyebrow at Hanna.

"You didn't even let the poor guy explain" She said to her but she just shrugged. "We both moved on, it's fine" Lianna implied, sighing as she leaned back. A shriek left her mouth when she forgot that she was sitting on a bar stool, her heart racing as she almost fell.

"Dude, if you don't want to take the test, at least don't break your bones." Spencer scolded, pushing the girl forward with her hand making her breathe out a thanks.

"Can we drop it? Please? I'm not looking for anything more than a friend." Aria pleaded, dropping her head to her hands.

"Why? I mean, don't you have enough on Facebook? Besides, don't you want someone real? Someone you can, I don't know, scratch and sniff?" Hanna said making Lianna chuckle at her words, scratch and sniff? Really?