Chapter 31

Season 2, Episode Finale
~•~•~•~

With my hand clutching the strap of my leather backpack, I walked alongside Hanna, Aria, and Emily

With my hand clutching the strap of my leather backpack, I walked alongside Hanna, Aria, and Emily. They were just telling me how Melissa just told them that she knew about the Jenna thing. "She was in that kitchen eating frozen yogurt basically just telling us that she was A." Hanna said, flailing her hands as she does when she is frustrated.

"And now she wants to kill one of us." Aria said making me look at her, "A pregnant woman can't do that, Aria." I said.

"Wanna bet?" She replied with her eyes wide. It was as if she was stating an obvious sentence making me chuckle, "Parties and body bags go together like drinking and driving." Aria continued.

"Guys, I don't trust Melissa as far as I can throw her and Ian's fetus, but let's not forget that Jenna also knows about the Jenna thing." Emily said with her hands tucked in her jacket's pockets.

"Ian's fetus? Em, that's disgusting." Aria commented making me chuckle. Ian's fetus does sound disgusting.

"Look, "A" is all-knowing, all right? It's like a genius on steroids. The only person I know that's smarter than Spencer is her sister." Hanna said as we stopped in front of our school's entrance when Spencer suddenly popped from behind Hanna with her brows furrowed.

"Um, I take offense. Melissa did score higher on the Wechsler Scale, but when you take into account my scores and the Flynn Effect, combined with real-life accomplishments, the gap in our IQs is virtually nonexistent." Spencer said making me raise my hand and pressed my pointer finger against her lips. "Yeah, we get it, babe." I said earning a chuckle from the girls.

"Um..." Emily said awkwardly after clearing her throat, "What are you doing with Ali's bag?" She asked.

"I'm giving A back her phone over my dead body, which means that we have until midnight tomorrow to unmask this bitch once and for all, and this bag has brought us closer to the truth than we've ever gotten." Spencer answered looking each one of us in the eye. It was as if she was very determined to finish this all.

"You think there's something in there we missed?" Emily asked.

"We need to go through it again, all of us, with a fresh pair of eyes. But with Melissa at home, I..." Spencer trailed.

"No, forget my place. My mom is still hot on the A trail." Hanna said making Aria speak up. "Look, let's just meet after school. I have uh.."

My eyes darted to what she was looking at and saw Mona in her bright red leather jacket skipping her way towards us. "I have an idea for a great costume."

"Oh, you're going to the masquerade mash?" Mona asked as she looked at us excitedly. "Me too."

"Can you believe blind Jenna's going? A week ago, that would have made me a no-show, but since she dumped Noel con man for seeing-eye Toby-- sorry, Spencer." She said, glancing at Spencer. A small grimace on my friend's face when we didn't get if the apology was mocking or sincere but knowing Mona, my best bet is that she was mocking Spencer.

I watched as she said something in what seemed to be like French and got a mirror and her lipstick from her handbag. "I love this vintage shop a few towns over. We should all go after school and get our costumes together!" She said and stopped applying her lipstick.

"I would love to, but, um, I have to take my sister to an ultrasound." Spencer said a bit too enthusiastically. I gave her a side eye, acknowledging that what she said was an excuse.

"My mom's coming back tomorrow, so I have some house stuff." Emily said. I looked at Mona apologetically, "My brother will be dropping Leo after school and—"

My sentence was cut off when I suddenly felt bile rising to my mouth making me cover my mouth and run towards the nearest bush. I hunched over and for the second time, I vomited all of the contents of my stomach.

"You alright, Li?" A worried Spencer asked as she placed a hand on my shoulder and offered pieces of tissue which I gratefully took. I wiped my face before facing her, the girls and Mona standing behind Spencer. I nodded and forced a small smile when I heard my phone beep.

From: Unknown Number

I think I hear baby #2 coming your way! Is Leo ready to become a big brother? Best of luck, my fAvorite! - A.