Chapter 3

"The flower that blooms in adversity
is the most rare and beautiful of all" -
The Emperor,
Mulan

~•~•~•~
Season 1, Episode 6

A few days passed by quickly and a lot of things happened. Emily broke up with Ben, Melissa's ex-fiancé, Wren kissed Spencer, and lots of things that an average human being can't handle all at once, or else her brain will just blow up.

And tomorrow is the day of the homecoming and Hanna can't wait to flaunt her beautiful dress. And of course, A is still alive and kicking their asses. Especially Aria's ass. A just sent Aria's mom, Ella, a letter saying that Aria's dad slept with his student and now they won't talk. Ugh! I swear if we find out who this bitch is I will drag her ass down the road and make her wear nothing but an orange jumpsuit while all of us laugh at her, Lianna thought as she recalled all of the events that happened for the past few days.

Lianna knocked on Aria's room as the four of them planned to give her a visit since she and Mr. Anonymous got into a huge fight too and now she won't get out of her bed. "Aria?" She called when her friend didn't answer. Lianna rolled her eyes and opened her door, finding her lying on the bed with her earphones on.

She removed her earphones making the other girl look up in surprise. "What are you doing?" She asked as she saw Emily, Hanna, Spencer, and Lianna standing in her room. "Are you going to stay there until you rot, Miss?" Lianna teased and crossed her arms.

"We brought takeout and rag mags," Emily said and threw a couple of magazines beside Aria. "But you cannot have any of those until you get out of these sweats," Hanna said and patted her leg.

"What's wrong with these?" She asked and sat up. "Nothing... Except they're starting to graft to your skin." Spencer said.

Lianna sat near her while Hanna sat at the edge of the bed. "Well, they're comfy," Aria replied to Spencer's remark.

"So are mom jeans and platform flip-flops," Hanna said. "Plus, how are we gonna help you choose a homecoming dress if you don't try some on for us?" Emily added.

"That's easy. I'm not going." Aria said making the girls look at her. "What do you mean you're not going? Girl, I will drag you out of bed if I need to." Lianna threatened and raised an eyebrow at her.

"You can't just go," Spencer said. "What are you doing instead?" Emily asked with her hands on her hips.

"I don't know. I guess I'll just read these and then inhale a gallon of chunky monkey." Aria replied and looked at the magazines that they brought for her.

"Hey, look, cutting yourself off from the rest of your life is not gonna help your parents. And besides, they still might work it out." Spencer tried to comfort her but she just looked away. "They're barely speaking to each other."

"People get angry. They blow up but that doesn't mean it's over" Emily tried. Lianna held Aria's hand to comfort her and nodded in agreement.

"Emily, they didn't blow up over her dad missing their anniversary. He slept with one of his students." Hanna said making the girl look at her and frowned.

"Sorry." Hanna immediately apologized when Aria looked down and bit her lip. "I'm just saying things can look over on Friday, and by Monday all is forgiven. Some things just take time." Emily said.

"Yeah, maybe." Aria sighed. "Okay, so you're coming!" Lianna said, full of enthusiasm as she dragged her towards her closet.

"God... I'll think about it." She groaned but that didn't stop her friend from going through her closet to pick out a dress for her. "If you're not coming, can you at least cast an absentee ballot?" Hanna said to Aria making Lianna look back at her.