BOOK 2

'Til the Heavens part us
─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The Black Swan grazed the dance floor that left Hanna, Spencer, Aria, Emily, and Lianna on edge. With A's message hinting at a game of hide and seek, determination ran throughout the girls' bones. Determined to finish this once and for all.

Behind their beautiful big dresses, nobody knows the nervousness that was coursing through their veins. An anxious Lianna absentmindedly pressed her palm in front of her flat stomach. Ever since she received the text from A, she was scared to confirm it so she pushed the thought at the back of her brain.

Her eyes scanned the crowd before turning to look at her masked friends. The people who have helped her from beginning to end and accepted her for who she was. Spencer's yellow dress screamed confidence but her hand was fiddling behind her. As their eyes met, a small comforting smile was thrown towards Lia.

While Emily stood tall wearing her beautiful blue-lavender dress and heels, she still felt small as they stood in front of the crowd. Beside her was Hanna wearing a fairytail-like dress. The ever-so-confident queen bee now felt conscious as she trained her eyes on the crowd with her arm linked with Lianna giving the latter girl comfort.

Lastly, Aria stood beside Lianna wearing her ankle-length red and black gown with her black lace gloves. As Lianna turned to look at her, Aria did the same causing their eyes to meet. Their eyes sharing a secret that no one knows about, not even their friends.

The moon glowed brightly and Lia stood at the staircase leading to the rooftop with Aria. Her hands still shaking as Holden guarded the door and the girls stood a few stairs away from him. Lia looked at Aria with eyes wide while the latter girl tried to calm her down.

"You know I forgive you, right?" Lia said breathlessly to Aria whose eyes widened but before she could even say anything, Lia spoke up. "And I trust you."

"Lia.. I'm truly sorry." Aria breathed out as her eyes started to water, "I just didn't know what was happening and I was honestly confused for a moment but know that I am genuinely sorry for what I did."

"Aria. It's okay." Lianna replied, her eyes watering as well as the younger girl pulled her into a tight hug. "I love Fitz so much and I just can't believe what just happened with Jason."

"All is in the past, Aria and I know you love Mr. Fitz. It was a mistake and I love you. You've been my friend since day one and I may have lost everything but I don't want to lose you too."

With tears streaming down their face, Lianna finally wiped her cheeks and pulled Aria close to her. She knew what she saw and she knew what she had to do. For Lianna, enough was enough and what she saw was finally an answer to everything that was going on. Her voice was low as she whispered,

"I know who A is."