Chapter 19

Season 2, Episode 6
~•~•~•~

With a small smile on my face, Spencer and I strutted down the runway wearing our summer-themed outfits

With a small smile on my face, Spencer and I strutted down the runway wearing our summer-themed outfits. Spencer looked beautiful wearing her shorts and top outfit while I wore a tan-colored top with matching shorts and a white see-through cover-up to go on top of it.

The both of us walked down the runway with bright lights almost blinding us and people cheering our name wildly.

The next outfit was probably my favorite outfit, it was a goth-themed outfit and I was given this black Lolita-styled dress with black fishnet stockings and huge boots while Hanna wore this beautiful white feathered dress that complimented her skin tone.

We both shared a smile as we walked down the runway, a flirty smile was on my lips before blowing a kiss to the camera earning whistles from the crowd. Hanna and I laughed at the reaction as we returned to the backstage.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the Rosewood High student committee would like to take a moment to pay tribute to one of their own, Alison DiLaurentis." The Emcee's voice echoed throughout the small room as Ali's pictures flashed through the big screen. As Hanna and Aria walked ahead of us, I gave Emily a smile from across who was wearing her blue dress before the two of us walked down the stage.

As Spencer reached towards us, the five of us stopped at the end of the stage as we all stood in front of the crowd wearing Ali's favorite pieces. The crowd cheered and clapped and I thought that if Ali was still alive, she'd have the biggest smile on her face from all the attention that she'll be getting.

The solemn ceremony was cut short when the lights turned red and the song changed. I turned to Spencer who look alarmed and confused about what was happening. "What the hell is going on?" Spencer asked over the loud music.

My eyes widened as the video changed, "Wake up, everybody, because the bitch is back!"

My hand flew towards my mouth as the five stood there in shock, not knowing what to do. "Somebody turn it down!" I shouted, hands trembling as anxiety started to kick in.

"I got it." Spencer said, touching my arm lightly before going down the stage to go to the DJ booth where Noel was.

Okay, wait, why the hell was Noel in charge of sounds?

I watched as everyone looked at us in shock, making me realize that it was only Aria and I left on the stage with a dazed look on our faces. My ears rang when the raging music finally stopped.

I watched as Mrs. DiLaurentis stood up from her seat with a shocked look on her face. I bit my lip as I watched her walk away followed by Jason who looked at Aria and then at me before following his mother.

"Aria, let's go." I said to the shocked girl, pulling her arm towards the backstage.

"Did you speak to her?" Aria asked as we all huddled together after we wrapped up the fashion show. Spencer sighed, "No... Jason picked up her cell phone. Said she was too upset to talk."

"I mean, who wouldn't be?" I muttered, biting my lip as we all processed what happened earlier. "Just when we were in the spotlight doing something decent." Emily said with her arms crossed in front of her chest.

"Yeah, he makes the spotlight extra harsh." Hanna replied.  I ran my fingers through my hair as we all fell silent. I lifted my head, catching Caleb who was walking towards us so I softly gave Hanna a nudge, "I'm just gonna..."

"I honestly hoped that this fashion show would make everyone feel like Ali's still alive in our hearts but it feels like somebody buried her again by doing this tonight." I sighed, scratching my forehead as we all waited for Hanna to come back.

"Me too. My heart feels heavy." Emily agreed, nodding at what I said. "This night wasn't perfect but I didn't even imagine it being this chaotic." Spencer added, wrapping her arms around her exposed arms.

"Maybe we should just send Mrs. DiLaurentis a note or something?" Aria suggested as Hanna walked back towards us with Caleb standing a bit away from us.

"I don't think there's a section for "I'm sorry you got
traumatized" cards." Spencer said lowly as we all tried to think of a solution how to fix what just happened. "Maybe flowers." Emily suggested.

A loud screeching from the audio made me flinch, "Okay, what is it now?" I sighed, turning around as we saw light coming from the LED screen.

"MY DRESSES. MY GAME. MY RULES - A"

"Can we get out of here?" Spencer asked making Hanna nod quickly, "I'm right behind you."

"Wait, I forgot my things backstage.." I said to them before running towards the backstage to get my bag and my cans of hairspray and dry shampoo that I have left in front of the mirror where I was stationed in.

"Did you want this back?"

A small squeal left from my mouth making me turn around as fast as I could, only to see Noel standing behind me, a CD on his hand.

"Noel, you scared me." I breathed out as I tried to calm myself down. "Woah looks like you've been on edge the whole evening." He replied.

I rolled my eyes at him before standing up straight, "What do you think?"

"Are you alright?" Noel suddenly asked making my eyes widen with his question. Is he seriously asking me how I have been? After cheating on me?

"Nevermind," He said, shaking his head when he probably realized how stupid his question was, "I'd hate to leave something lying around that could get you and your friends in trouble." Noel said, stretching his hand out to give me the CD that he was holding.

My brows furrowed at what he said, "What?" I muttered.

"I assumed that was yours." Noel replied when suddenly I heard footsteps from my side making me look up. Only to see Jason with his brows furrowed. "What's that?" He asked his face grim as he looked at Noel.

"The uh, unplanned finale." I slowly replied, looking at Noel intently who had this usual small smirk on his face. Oh, this jerk.

I felt Jason's hand press his hand against my back before walking in front of me to block me from Noel's sight, "Hand it over."

I watched as the two stared each other down before Noel handed Jason the CD which he broke by splitting it into two. Noel let out a huff before walking out of the backstage. My breath hitched as I looked at Jason, remembering what just happened earlier.

"Hey," Jason said softly as he turned to face me. His green eyes searched my face as I looked at him. "Hey," I whispered back, my eyes falling as I played with my fingers.

"Come here."

Jason softly pulled me towards him and gently wrapped me in a hug. I closed my eyes and wrapped my arms around him, inhaling the familiar scent that comforted me the most. "I'm sorry." I whispered as I buried my face on his shoulder. "We didn't mean to disappoint you and Mrs. DiLaurentis."

"That wasn't your fault, love. Nobody expected it to happen." He said gently, softly running his hand against my hair as we stood in the middle of the room.

"I love you." I whispered.

A tear slipped from my eye as he tightened his hug around me and when he pressed a kiss on my forehead. "I love you too, Lia."