Chapter 24

Season 2, Episode 8
~•~•~•~

"Can I be a doctor without knowing all of these?" Lianna asked Spencer as they both skimmed at Ali's autopsy, "Occi— pital fontan— ellie?"

"Occipital Fontanelle. The left side of your skull." Spencer answered, pointing at Lianna's left side of her skull making the girl chuckle, "Okay, tell me, Spence, were you pre-med in pre-school?

Spencer rolled her eyes at the girl before reading more of what was written on the paper, "There's a lot in here that I don't understand."

"Oh, wait, wait, wait, here is the summary page." Lianna pointed out, spotting the paragraph where "Summary" was written with bold letters.

"The impact on the posterior of the victim's cranium..." Lianna read out loud as Spencer nodded, "Back of her head."

"Right. Indicates she was facing away from the assailant." The girl continued, her eyes squinting as she continued reading. "They got her from behind. She was ambushed." Spencer said, looking at Lianna who was looking at her with eyes wide.

"Or running away?" Lianna suggested, her brows furrowing as Spencer nodded in agreement, "Trying to escape."

"The cranium was displaced inward upon impact..." Lianna read making her wrinkle her forehead at the foreign words, "What does that mean?" She asked Spencer who pointed the X-ray at the bright light.

"It means she was hit so hard, they dented her skull." Spencer replied as she looked at the X-Ray with eyebrows furrowed. Liana nodded at her answer before continuing, "And the weapon was most likely a curved, blunt edge."

"Like a field hockey stick." Spencer confirmed, nodding as she looked at Lianna. "Like the one that Ali borrowed from me?"

Lianna's eyebrows furrowed as she tried to piece was Spencer was trying to say, "The one that Jason most likely buried in my backyard."

"No, Spence.."

"Lia, what I'm saying is that it could have been possible!"

"No, Spencer! We are not having this argument!" Lianna said in frustration as Spencer looked at her with wide eyes. Her eyes burned as she looked at her friend in disbelief.

"How could you explain this then? A blunt injury to her head that was caused by a curved stick?" Spencer said, flailing her hand that held Ali's head X-ray.

"You're wrong! Jason could never do that to Ali. We know that they didn't have the best interest with each other but Jason wouldn't do that!"

"Do you remember what he told you? That he couldn't remember the day that Ali went missing? Isn't that enough proof to make us think that he could've killed Ali?"

"Spence, I practically live with him! He couldn't have done that!"

"Lianna! Stop being so blinded by love for once! Look at these facts. We have them right under our nose!" Spencer said making Lianna shove the folder right into Spencer's chest angrily.

"I'm done," Lianna said shortly, her eyes watering as she looked at Spencer before grabbing her bag to leave. Her chest felt heavy as she got out of the uniform and put on the previous clothes that she was wearing.

She didn't know why she felt so upset and confused about what was happening. Half of her was starting to believe what Spencer was saying and with the proof presented in front of her, she couldn't deny what Spencer was claiming.

But a part of her knew she trusted Jason with her whole heart. He might have confessed that he didn't know what happened the night Ali disappeared but she knew Jason wouldn't do such a thing to his sister.

"Hey, are you home?" She asked through the phone, wiping her tears as she sat on the bench outside the hospital. "No, still at the office. What's up?" Logan answered with his usual tired voice.

"Nothing." Lianna sniffed, "Can I... can I stay at your apartment for the night?"

"Yeah, sure. I won't be home until midnight." Logan said unsurely, "Are you sure you're alright?" He asked his sister again as he heard sadness laced in her voice.

She cleared her throat as she felt a sob about to fall from her mouth, "Yeah. I'll just pick Leo up then I'll be there."

"Alright. Drive safe, Li. Send me a message when you get here, okay?"

~•~•~•~

As soon as she arrived at Logan's apartment, she took the sleeping Leo from his car seat and gently carried him towards the bedroom where Leo's crib was placed at

As soon as she arrived at Logan's apartment, she took the sleeping Leo from his car seat and gently carried him towards the bedroom where Leo's crib was placed at. Lianna sent Logan a message saying that she has safely arrived before turning her phone off.

When she drove by Jason's house to pick Leo up, Spencer's words kept ringing in her ear and all she wanted to do was to get out of Rosewood as fast as she could. She knew she couldn't face Jason or the girls with her confused mind.

Now that she was home alone and far away from her problems, she double-checked if her doors and windows were closed before moving Leo's crib closer to the bathroom where she could still see him while taking a shower.

As soon as the warm water hit her sore muscles, her warm tears rolled down her cheeks. A hard sob left her mouth as she let the water cascade down her body along with her tears.

She has never felt so confused in her life and she didn't know what to do or what to think and it was tearing her apart. Slowly killing her mind and she just wanted everything to end.

She quickly got out of the shower and dressed up in some warm clothes. After she was done, she took Leo and laid him down on the bed so she could sleep next to him.

As Lianna stared at the sleeping form of her son, she knew that even if everything seemed like it was going the wrong way, she knew that she had to keep fighting for herself... for her son.