TWO

Chapter 2

-----------

-----------

FLORENCE LOOKED DOWN FROM THE HOLE THAT DAMON MADE AFTER KICKING OUT THE DOORS. She grimaced, not liking the height and the fact that she was left alone.

The art student walked back to her luggage and took it out. She searched for some more vervain and looked back for a second to see that she was alone.

Her stash was placed in a paper bag and she took it out before placing it into her jeans pocket. It was hot but she didn't change into shorts or any other clothing suitable for Hawaii.

She didn't trust the vampire she didn't know the name of. Putting away vervain, Florence stood up and saw that it was getting already dark outside. She didn't want to be alone at such time, and the fact that there were bodies outside made her heart ache.

They had to be at least buried. Florence walked back to the hole to see Damon coming back. It's been at least 3 hours since he left and Florence prayed that he wouldn't smell vervain on her.

She backed away and he jumped up. Florence had to lie herself that she didn't find it fascinating how strong Damon was. He jumped up very easily, almost as if it was one step up.

Damon glanced at her and saw her neck covered with a bandage. "You a nurse?" he asked dully, walking over to the stewardess booth. He started looking around.

Florence watched him alarmingly, not trusting one bit of him. "No, art student," she answered causing Damon to not react. He opened up one cabinet to see wine, champagne, bourbon and other beverages.

"Ahh, jackpot," he smirked taking out a bottle of bourbon. "What I needed."

"You drink?" Florence asked with a calm yet judging tone and then remembered the airport and how he carried the bottle of bourbon. "Yeah, not surprised at all, actually."

Damon looked at her in annoyance. "I didn't ask for your opinion," he mused, opened up the bottle and took a huge sip of his drink.

Florence wasn't a huge drinker, but she was thirsty, and had already drank two bottles of water. "Hey, we need to save everything," she snapped taking the bottle out of his mouth practically. "Food is important, drinks are important."

"What's important is that you lose all the vervain of your system," he smirked motioning to her neck and once again she slapped his hand away. "I don't need other food, or drink. I need blood. So, fine, save yourself a few bars of chocolate and other stuff that gets bad easily."