TWENTY TWO

Chapter 22

-----------

-----------

MORNING ROSE AS FLORENCE SLOWLY OPENED HER EYES TO SEE DAMON SLEEPING. The two decided to spend their night sleeping outside on the sand when the moon hang above them, showing them how grateful they were to live.

She sighed slightly as she placed her finger to her lips as her blue eyes gazed at Damon with so much curiosity and yet she felt like she knew him so well. A small smile appeared on her plump lips when he moved in his sleep before finally showing her his icy, such icy blue eyes that even snowflakes were jealous of.

Damon smiled seeing her already awake and stretched himself. "How are you?" he asked quietly, enjoying the peace that finally surrounded them.

"I'm sorry, Damon," Florence answered while she frowned. Damon raised his eyebrow up at her. "I'm so sorry for breaking your trust."

Damon just mused as she sat up and looked off to the ocean and the boat, still being in the same place. "We can finally get away," she whispered as Damon also sat up before noticing how sad Florence looked about the whole vervain thing.

He knew he overreacted but what made him forgive her was her words before those men showed up. At first, Damon thought it would take much more but seeing Florence, a girl that took him for who he was, a girl that encouraged him that everything would be alright, a girl that told him her darkest secret, get shot, he knew he forgave.

But she didn't think he did. So, Damon just placed his hand on her shoulder before gently turning her to face him. A smirk appeared on his face as he stared at her mischievous eyes. "I don't know, I kinda grew attached to this island and you," he mused so Florence smiled wider and rested her forehead against his.

"I believe you charmed me, you idiot," Florence commented while shaking her head. Damon looked at her questionably before Florence stood up. Damon groaned and stood up as well. "I can't believe I like a vampire."

"I am quite hard to resist," he mused so Florence chuckled while rolling her eyes. The two stared at each other, like they were that paradise they both craved for. "Florence... All I know is that I grew close to you during this and..."

Damon couldn't finish his sentence when Florence kissed him on the lips so suddenly. It didn't take Damon long to kiss her back, because he was already used to kissing her. He placed both of his hands on her face as he deepened the kiss.

They pulled away almost barely as Damon opened his eyes before picking her up. Florence laughed as she kissed him once again. "Let's get out of here?" he asked and Florence nodded her head, but sudden thoughts of them falling apart made her lose her smile.

She watched Damon walk back into the plane as fear of losing him made her head go crazy.

~~~

STEFAN WAS NOT GONNA BELIEVE IT. Damon was so ready to tell him all about Indiana Jones adventures he had. Also, he was excited to tell him about Florence. Of course, Stefan would question Damon's decision of her, but Damon really didn't care.

They got to the radio in the boat and send a message so in the same evening they got rescued by a plane. Damon had to compel some of them, telling them to clean up the mess he did with the men that got there sooner than anyone. Also, he didn't want anyone knowing. Mostly, because he couldn't understand the change in Florence.

She was quiet, almost as if she didn't want to leave the island. Damon asked her several times whether she was alright, but she would just nod and tell nothing else.

The air port they landed in was not far away from Mystic Falls as Damon knew Stefan would definitely come. Especially after he called him in the air port. "Hello?" Stefan asked as Damon smirked, missing his baby brother.

The phone he was calling from belonged to the air port so Damon had to be quick because a line was already behind him. "Hello, brother," Damon mused so there was a slight pause.

"Where were you?! You've been gone for over three weeks, Damon, and-"

"You won't believe me but I got stranded on an island," Damon cut Stefan's angry rants off as he saw Florence sitting on the bench, looking ahead of her. Damon furrowed his eyebrows. "It's a long story, but I'm not lying. I just need you to come."

Florence glanced to where Damon was to see him smiling while he talked on the phone. She glanced away before noticing all those people looking at her weirdly. Right. She looked like a hot mess. Not having a shower for three weeks, proper food did have an effect on how she looked.

The crowds felt different to Florence. How they all rushed around, trying to catch their flight. How a woman and a man argued while rummaging through their luggage. She knew she would be thankful for what they had, because none of them felt what she had to go through.

She got bit multiple times, she almost died from a gunshot wound and what felt best and worst at the same time, she fell. For a vampire she knew only three weeks.

And a vampire that had so much history that Florence knew she would only make a small grey dot in his huge canvas. He probably still loved Elena. Who she even was compared to Elena? Some dumb blonde, who happened to love drawing and who knew about vampires.

"Okay, I will come," Stefan said as Damon thanked him before hanging up the phone. He smiled to himself.

"Can you move it already? I need to call," an elderly man snapped so Damon turned at him with his sassy look. "What? You're gonna punch me or what?"

Damon raised his eyebrows up in surprise. "I better not," he sassed with a false smirk before walking away. He then looked at where Florence was sitting before seeing that she wasn't there. Damon paused as he thought she went to the bathroom or somewhere else as he looked around.

He decided to sit down and wait for her. But minutes passed, 5, 10, 30, and she still wasn't coming back. Damon stood up as he started searching for her.

Damon stopped in the middle of the rushing crowd to realize that she was gone. And that she left him alone.

"Damon!" Stefan's voice rang as he saw his brother rushing over to him. Stefan hugged Damon as Damon stared ahead of him.

He wanted to find Florence at all cost and ask her what did he do wrong.

Because while being stranded, he fell in love with her. "Damon?" Stefan asked so Damon snapped back to reality. "What are you thinking about?"

"I need to find someone, Stef," Damon mused putting his hand on Stefan's shoulder. "I need to find my girl."

Vote, read, comment.