EIGHTEEN

Chapter 18

-----------

-----------

DAMON WAS LYING ON THE HOT SAND, HIS SHIRT OFF AS HE HAD HIS EYES CLOSED. He could only dream of the quietness that surrounded him. He was lucky to be in the sun. He was lucky to be live in such moment, and to feel Florence's heartbeat from nearby.

The smell of water and trees reached his nostrils as he he finally opened his eyes to the sun, only to narrow them. "Florence?" he asked before sitting up and looking around.

She was gone. "Hello?" he asked before quickly standing up. "Baby?"

There was a loud scream coming from the woods so he, without a thought, rushed there before stopping to see Florence bleeding heavily with a huge bite on her neck. "Flo?" he kneeled besides her before taking her body into her hands.

She let out a cry as his teary eyes reached for the bite to see that a vampire did it. "Who did this to—?"

"DAMON!" Florence shouted so he opened his eyes to see her standing above him. She smiled before lowering her arms down. Damon sat up as he looked around to see that he was really lying on the sand.

Florence seemed to look okay. "Nightmare? Why do you look so shocked?" she questioned curiously as he just stood up with a confused facial expression before grabbing the back of her neck gently and bringing her to himself.

She furrowed her eyebrows before wrapping her arms around his waist. "What now?" she asked before he pulled away. Placing one hand on her cheek, Damon just shook his head and kissed her head.

"It's fine..." he nodded his head though Florence knew it wasn't.

"Okay..." she trailed off then pulled away from him. "I woke you up for a reason."

Damon was still caught up on his dream, but he tried to pay attention to her. "Since we are stuck here for forever... I came up with a plan as to how we can escape."

"And how do we do that? Fix the plane, or build ourselves a float?" he asked sarcastically so Florence rolled her eyes and looked at him pleadingly so he would stop mocking and listen.

The Salvatore sighed before motioning for her to continue. "I mean, no way the plane's radio isn't working entirely... I don't know, something has to work..."

Damon knew she was losing hope just like him, and sighed before grabbing her waist and bringing her to himself. Something was telling him to keep her close as possible and that's what he was gonna do.

Florence grimaced slightly as she glanced up to meet Damon's icy blue eyes, so beautiful and warm when he looked at her. "It won't," he told her the obvious so Florence pulled away and started leaving. Damon sighed.

The girl came back to the plane and entered the pilot's cabin to see dried blood on the deck. She paused when she realized she didn't even feel sorry for all those people that lost their lives because of something natural.

Damon stopped behind her as they both stared at the cabin. The Salvatore saw Florence's eyes and touched her shoulder comforting her. She grabbed his hand and squeezed it. "We must get out," she whispered so he turned her to face him.

"And we will..." he nodded but Florence saw the doubt. Food was ending and Florence was becoming more and more weak as Damon continued drinking her blood. He felt more guilty by doing that. "I'll stop drinking your blood..."

"Why?"

"Because your health is far too important than my cravings," he commented seriously so she smiled slightly before they hugged. Damon rubbed her back as she pressed herself closer to him.

"I won't let you starve because I'm weak," she then argued, causing Damon to widen his eyes and pull away from her. "You have to be strong, Damon, and I don't care if that means I'm weak. Because only you will be able to protect me from all the bugs and snakes..."

Damon chuckled before kissing her on the lips. She smiled when they pulled away and then kissed him deeper. "Hmm," Damon smirked as she pushed him to sit on a chair before climbing on him.

The Salvatore secured her before she took his shirt off and let her hands wander his body. Shivers went down his spine as he kissed her neck leaving soft traces along her collar bone.

Florence closed her eyes as he helped her get rid of her shirt as well. The two were heated before Damon accidentally threw Florence's luggage down.

Vervain bag fell out and he noticed that. Furrowing his eyebrows he pulled away from Florence as she opened her eyes. "What?" she whispered and looked where he was staring.

Florence saw the vervain and stood up from Damon's lap but before she could grab it Damon did. He raised it up and touched it. When his fingers burned he knew it was vervain. And it was hers. "What is this, Florence?" he questioned her as she quickly put a shirt on. "Why do you have so much vervain?"

She opened her mouth to speak, but no words seemed to leave so Damon just raised his eyebrows up, getting more and more disappointed and angry. Damon then walked over to her and took out a few leaves of vervain that were in her short's pocket. He stared at Florence in shock as she looked away. "You... You don't trust me?" he questioned but Florence went to argue. To no avail, because Damon wouldn't let her. "I thought I told you that I will never compel you, Florence. And you didn't trust me... And after you asked me that I should trust you too?"

"What was I supposed to do, Damon?!" she raised her voice, her eyes overwhelmed. "You tried to kill me in the very beginning when we met! I never knew we would become this... close."

Damon was too angry to process, because he was used to people betraying and lying to him, so he knew that case was the same. And he didn't want to hear excuses. "You lied to me, you played me, and now you're lying AGAIN?!" he yelled so Florence flinched. "This—" he raised the vervain bag up. "This could've killed me, but you knew that very well, didn't you?"

Florence just chuckled lowly. "Why are you so angry about vervain bag that I didn't even use on you?" she asked calmly, trying to be civil about it.

"It's not about it, Florence!" he sneered so she lost her smile and a huge frown changed it. "It's about trust... It's about trust that I thought we had with each other. But clearly you don't trust me when I say that I won't compel you ever... And quite frankly, I don't know if I can trust you ever again... Because you decided to keep it as a secret," he then backed away.

"Damon, please..." Florence pleaded sadly but he just threw her the bag. She caught it and looked back to see Damon already gone.

Tears welled up in her eyes knowing that she didn't open up when he asked. She knew she lost him as a boyfriend, and definitely as a friend.

Vote, read, comment.