TWENTY ONE

Chapter 21

-----------

-----------

IT WAS INCREDIBLY DARK AS FLORENCE STOPPED RUNNING AND RESTED HER BACK AGAINST A TREE. She touched her shoulder slightly with her shaky fingers and it sent another huge wave of pain through her body.

The art student closed her eyes and squeezed the necklace she had in her hand before taking a peak at it. The necklace was a tag with names on it and she furrowed her eyebrows before putting it into her pocket.

The gun in her hand felt heavy as she lifted it up and groaned lowly before sliding down to sit. Her energy was at 0 level and she knew she would bleed out so soon.

Damon was dead in her eyes and that possibly hurt Florence more than her own death. She just didn't want to die alone, on a stranded island without anyone knowing.

Florence breathed out to make herself stand up and continue running until she would just collapse and give out. Tom wasn't anywhere as she couldn't hear any steps or leaves scrunching.

The girl stood up and raised the gun before walking further away. She walked out into a clearing, where the small stream was flowing. The same Damon called 'not drinkable'. Florence wanted to cross it until Tom grabbed her from behind.

Florence yelled as he threw her to the ground. Sand got into her mouth and face as she spat it out before coughing. Tom grabbed the gun and sneered at her before pointing the gun to her head.

Florence stopped moving when she felt cold sharp thing be pressed on the back of her head as she still lied on her stomach, coughing out sand and sudden blood. "Where's my necklace, you stupid cow?!" Tom sneered as she continued breathing heavily before her energy gave in. She lowered her head as she lied on her left cheek, staring blankly somewhere dark. "Did you drop it?! Huh!"

To say no or yes was already too hard as circles appeared in her eyes, dancing around the night shade as she closed one eye. Just another one and Florence was gone.

Tom saw how weak she looked, so he just placed his gun down and spun her so she would lie on her back. Florence knew what torment like this meant. She was beaten before; she was even raped, but how Tom searched her pockets didn't make her scream or feel anything negative.

Maybe it was Damon's help. He took the demons that haunted her away and never let them came back.

Tom finally found the necklace and started to take it out, but Florence just made Tom angry by pushing his hand away. She had nothing to lose and making Tom angry was her motive. She was exhausted. "I'm gonna shoot you in the head," he spat to her face as he took his necklace into his hands.

Florence closed her eyes as her mouth opened slightly as Tom started heading back to the gun. He grabbed it before pointing it to Florence. "Any last words?" he questioned curiously.

"Uh, yeah," Damon spoke so Tom quickly raised his gun up to see Damon staring back at him furiously. "Next time, aim for the heart."

Tom was about to shoot, but Damon just rushed to him with his vampire speed and took the gun away before throwing it far away with his vampire strength. Tom backed away as he widened his eyes, already scared of Damon.

Damon just pushed him to a tree before raising him above himself, showing him who had the real power. "You come here, you try to kill me, you shoot my girl, and you think you're gonna get away with it?!" Damon's eyes became vampire like as Tom started to try and push Damon off. "You're in for your own destruction, pal."

Damon then threw Tom to the ground as he rushed to Florence before kneeling to her limp looking body. "No, no," he shook his head as his icy blue eyes filled themselves with worry. "Florence, you're still alive, right?" he asked before bitting into his wrist and placing it to her mouth.

She didn't drink so he got worried but the blood made its way down her throat as Damon saw the wound on the shoulder heal, but her face remained like a white sheet paper. "No," he whispered before stroking her cheek gently.

Damon clenched his jaw as he softly lied her body back on the sand before rising up slowly. He turned around to see Tom lying on the ground, groaning as he tried to run away.

Damon then threw a harsh punch into Tom's face as blood splattered down Tom's nose as he just punched back. Damon decided to end it with Tom without using vampire strength.

He was just too upset over losing Florence so he needed to feel physical pain. Tom, surprised by such Damon's fight, started fighting stronger as blood also made its way down Damon's nose.

The vampire just laughed as Tom continued beating him, because those punches made Damon feel better. What a better way was there to not feel so damn shitty over someone's death. Someone that he actually loved.

Tom pushed Damon to a tree as he sneered into the vampire's face. "What are you doing?" Tom asked angrily, because the game was killing him already. He had no idea when Damon would just sprain his neck or beat him to death, but the Salvatore just didn't fight back anymore. "Fight back!"

Damon raised his eyebrow up at the man. "Your choice," he mused before breaking Tom's neck like that. Tom's lifeless body fell to the ground as Damon breathed out, almost ready to cry.

He then turned to see where Florence was laying and saw that she wasn't there. That shocked Damon as he saw her standing a few feet away from her lying position. She smiled widely with tears in her eyes as Damon looked at her cockily. "Life sucks. Get a helmet," he mused so Florence shook her head and started running towards him.

Damon backed away from the tree before they met halfway and hugged each other. Florence placed her arms around Damon's neck as he placed one hand on her head, taking in her scent that still managed to smell like ocean. "I thought you were dead," Florence whispered as Damon remembered her complains from their beginning.

"At least you knew but didn't want me to be alive," he commented with fake grumble before they pulled away from each other slightly.

She hit his chest so Damon smirked and rested his forehead against hers.

Vote, read, comment.