SEVENTEEN

Chapter 17

-----------

-----------

IT WAS STILL LATE WHEN DAMON AND FLORENCE FINALLY FOUND A BLANKET TO COVER THEMSELVES UP WITH. Damon brought her head on his body before pulling her close as she placed her hand on his chest and looked at him.

A small smirk was lingering on his lips as he glanced down at her. "Why are you so smiley?" she questioned silently, her voice still shaking.

Damon didn't say anything as he sat up before bringing her on his lap. Florence heaped before steadying herself. Her hair hung loosely from her shoulder as he looked at her as if she was a goddess. "Why aren't you?" he asked placing one hand behind her ear and tracing a line on her cheek with his thumb.

Florence knew that it wasn't right. He had a girlfriend and he loved her. But it didn't make the fact of wanting him go away. "You know why," she whispered as he frowned slightly before placing his other hand on her waist as she looked at him with confusion in her eyes.

"Don't be," he shook his head calmly but Florence still looked down so he lifted her chin up before smiling at her. "As I remember Elena was my girlfriend not yours. She told me to live my life and that's what I'm finally doing."

Florence stared at his blue eyes as she nodded her head. "So you're finally living your life?" she asked with a smile. "What were you doing before I happened?"

Damon chuckled as she made herself comfortable on his lap. The vampire growled lowly as she bit her bottom lip. "Causing havoc, being a dick... And existing."

The art student then squinted her eyes as she saw the sun rising in the horizon. "Morning," she said with soft eyes so Damon leaned to her lips before locking his eyes with hers.

Funny how a week ago he hated her, and how much he liked her now. "Morning," he said before their lips touched. Damon was a slow kisser and that's what Florence loved. She loved his teasing. "Wanna go skinny dipping?"

Florence just slapped his chest before standing up and taking the blanket as Damon pouted. She looked through her shoulder before going back to her clothing.

~~~

THE WHOLE DAY THE TWO DID NOTHING BUT FLIRT WITH EACH OTHER. Florence thought Damon was odd at getting a girl. First, he slept with her, and just then he'd compliment her, tell her she's funny and other stuff.

But when the night came, Damon decided to make a fire, which they hadn't done ever. Florence grabbed a few blankets and some survival kit food as she slid down the slide to see Damon trying to build the fire. "Well, fire breathing dragon, why are you struggling?" she asked teasingly so Damon raised his annoyed eyes at her.

She smirked before sitting next to him on a log they both brought, because Florence wanted to be involved. "I'm not used to this campy-shmansy stuff," he grumbled so Florence mused and chuckled. "What? You have an idea, smartie pants?"

Florence took a lighter out of her pocket and Damon looked at her in confusion. "Okay, I thought those weren't allowed on planes," he commented and she shrugged.

"She never got a chance to check my luggage," she said so Damon took the lighter before starting a fire. "Yay!"

Damon played with it a little while before the fire looked decent. He smiled to the girl before sitting besides her. She wrapped a blanket around his shoulders so Damon looked at her. He wasn't used to such warmth, except from Elena. "Soup, sir?" she asked raising up the package of soup in it.

"Nah, if you wanna, go for it," he nodded before she threw it besides them, not wanting it. The two stared at the fire as Damon poked it with a stick. "Come here already," he mused before bringing him closer to himself.

Florence blushed as she wrapped one arm around his arm. "This isn't so bad," she said as they stared at the calm water and the stars in the sky.

Damon gazed down at her. "No, it's not."

"I mean... We've been here for almost two weeks, but that doesn't mean we're not getting out..." she nodded her head as Damon looked down at the burning fire. "We're in this together, right?"

Damon nodded so she smiled before shivering. Nights were cold and they usually didn't go out at such time. "I miss my brother," he admitted suddenly and she frowned slightly. "And I thought I'd never miss him. Sure, I'm been stuck in a prison world, sure he had his emotions turned off with Blondie... But I never missed him more than I miss him now."

Florence had a lot of questions about Damon's life before they met, but she decided not to get into that. "I miss my bed," she admitted too so Damon smirked while looking at the fire.

"My shower... My bourbon, my car, God, my car!" Damon exclaimed as Florence laughed before he placed his chin on her head. "Florence, when we get outta here, I'll bring you to Mystic Falls."

Florence felt surprised by that as she pulled away from him to look him in the eyes. "What does that imply?" she asked nervously.

"That I wanna show you my hometown, in which I grew up and died in," he answered calmly so Florence smiled and looked away.

Her hands were shaky and there were hundreds of butterflies swirling around in her stomach. "Mystic Falls, you say?" she asked then and he nodded with a 'mhm' sound. "Mystic Falls it is then."

"I knew you wouldn't resist that," he mused before grabbing the soup bag that was lying on the ground with a stick. "Let's eat. You're starving."

Florence rolled her eyes. "You hear too well," she grumbled then took it into her hands.

That night they were able to find drinkable water and an old kettle in the tree house. They made soup and enjoyed a quiet night with each other.

But the void of home was becoming bigger and bigger and only time could tell how tired of each other they would get.

Vote, read, comment.