EPILOGUE

-----------

-----------

FLORENCE FOUND HERSELF IN NEW YORK THE NEXT WEEK. She was surrounded with so many people after she came back, but they didn't mend her heart as much as she hoped for. Sure, she was a lot more thankful and tried to be happy, to live life to the fullest, because that's what her mother would've wanted.

Florence was in the art gallery, looking around at paintings when a man with two champagne glasses approached her. She turned to look the tall blonde man in the eyes and he smiled. "Hello, I'm not interrupting?" he questioned curiously as she smiled slightly.

"Well, if you're talking about self-destructing then yes," she chuckled as he smirked charmingly before offering her a glass of champagne. "Thank you."

The man and her both looked off to the works. "It's nice. So many colors and textures," he praised as Florence blushed because it was her work, hanging in the gallery. "I also heard the painter is quite lovely," he commented so Florence looked at him with a smile. "This work is beautiful, Florence Michaels."

"Well, you know my name," she said as she fixed her cream color dress and tightened her leather jacket that was placed on her shoulders. "May I know yours?"

Before the man could say it, Florence noticed someone entering the gallery. Her heart started beating millions of times faster when she saw Damon, looking around. He wore his leather jacket and held a sad face as if he wanted to see someone so much. That someone being her. "Is everything alright?" the man asked when he noticed her looking at a man at the doorway.

Florence nodded as she turned her back on Damon. She prayed for him to go away, to not make her feel more heartbreak. "Florence..." the man trailed off and that was when Damon heard her voice.

His head snapped to see a man in some tacky grey costume talk to Florence, who looked magnificent in her heels and dress. He clenched his jaw before approaching them. "Well, hello, there pal," Damon mused as the man looked at him in confusion. "Leave."

Florence didn't turn around as she felt Damon's presence behind her so well it made her skin shiver so good. She just wanted to jump on him and never let go. "Excuse me? Who even are you?" the man asked angrily.

Damon just placed his hands on the man's shoulders before looking him in the eye. "Leave and forget about Florence," he mused so the man blinked and walked away.

Florence just shook her head as she turned around to face Damon. He could finally see her face again and smiled widely. "What are you doing here, Damon?" she asked quietly before glancing down.

"What the hell happened?" he asked in his own way as Florence raised her blue eyes at him. She sighed and wanted to walk away, but Damon didn't let her as he blocked his way. "I'm not moving until you tell me the reason."

Florence placed her glass on the tray that a waiter was carrying and walked past him before walking outside. Of course, a very confused Damon followed her outside. "Just tell me!" Damon snapped so Florence stopped in the middle of an empty yard.

"What is there to tell?" she asked while shrugging. "I knew we wouldn't last, Damon, and why are you here even?" she asked painfully.

"What are you talking about? I wanted to see you!" he shouted as he couldn't understand what has gotten into her. "Why did you leave without saying a word?"

Florence looked away as she blinked a few tears away. "I left because I know that we will never be able to be together, Damon. I don't even know if you want this-"

"Of course I want this, I wouldn't be here now if I didn't want to be with you," Damon argued as he fisted his hands. "You're all I've been thinking about since the day I met you at that air port, Florence. So you saying that I don't care about you or don't wanna be with you, is a complete bullshit!"

Florence started to cry as she stared at him. "You have a girlfriend," she whispered as Damon sighed.

"Who's not gonna wake up for another 60 years," he said but that still didn't make Florence feel better. And all small molecule of her body was telling her to go and be happy with him. "Who I don't even think about anymore. It's harsh but it's true, Florence. II just love you."

Florence waited so long for someone to say something like that, and it was Damon. The first person to tell her that sentence. "I'm sorry, but I can't," she shook her head and quickly spun to her feet before leaving him to stand alone.

It started raining as knew he had lost her. It hurt a lot, but what was he gonna do? Compel her to love him and feel like it was genuine? No.

Sometimes, love didn't work out as easily as everyone said it would. It happened with Elena, and he was so lucky, but he needed the love from Florence even more.

As it continued raining, Damon slowly turned around as he started walking away. "Damon!" Florence shouted and that made him stop.

She was running in her heels, trying not to trip. Her face held the need to kiss him. He extended his arms and they finally collided into one.

Florence kissed him passionately, holding onto him as there was no tomorrow as the rain poured down around them heavily, soaking them both in water.

Damon placed his arms around her waist, holding her close to him as they shared their love with each other.

Pulling away, Florence breathed out as he held her in his strong hands. He slowly pulled away and smiled widely before winking at her. "I love you too," she mused so Damon just shook his head and kissed her.

No words were exchanged as they both thanked the moment they got stranded.

THE END...

Vote, read, comment.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for reading this short book! This idea came came to me spontaneously as I imagined how it would feel being stranded on a deserted island with a vampire, especially Damon Salvatore. Thank you again for reading! It's been fun.