Chapter 1

The moonlight hit her eyes through the window to the right of her bed.Confused as to why she heard a knock on the door in the middle of the night,she immediately searched her bed for her phone to check the time.

4:50AM.

"What the hell?",the sleepy girl whispered to herself,while locking her phone.Just as she started to believe that she had imagined it all she heard another light knock.

She swung her legs over the bed,touching the cold wooden floor.She adjusted her tank top and put her hair in a ponytail quickly before getting up.Considering that it was the middle of the night,she took her softball bat that was standing near the bedroom door.After she put the bat in her left hand she made her way through the hallway and into the living room and to the door.

The girl looked through the peephole to see a unfamiliar woman standing there,she had braided hair and a blue jacket on.However,she didn't see her face because the woman was standing with her back to the door,tapping her foot in frustration.She decided to open the door,not wanting the person in the hallway to wait any longer.

As she opened the door,the woman in the hallway turned around with a piece of paper in her hand.

"Finally",the woman exclaimed rather loudly for the time of the night,taking her by surprise."I was starting to think that I got the wrong room number."

They stood in the doorway for a couple of seconds,looking at each other.

"Oh I am so sorry,you must be confused.I'm Normani,your new roommate",the dark skined girl apologized and showed her the paper which confirmed that.

"I'm Dinah",the blonde haired girl introduced herself and leaned the softball bat on the wall beside the door.

"Come in",Dinah said as she opened the door for Normani,letting her step in.

"Thank you Dinah."

"I don't mean to be rude but are you aware that it's almost 5:00AM?",Dinah asked the girl sounding kind of annoyed,instantly regretting it.

"Yeah,I'm sorry.I drove all night to get here and thought that I should just try and see if you would open the door.I got sick of sitting in my car."

Dinah nodded. "I'm glad that you came here,I know how stressful that can be".Dinah stated as she remembered how she had to drive all night when she wanted to see her family way back in California.

She gestured for Normani to sit on the barstool at the kitchen island.Normani took in the new space which will be her home for the next two years of college.
There was a kitchen overlooking the living room,it was a fairly big space for a college students dorm room,a was hallway leading to the two bedrooms and a bathroom as it was stated in her room papers.

She sat down on the barstool turning over to look at Dinah,who looked at her intensely.

Dinah was scanning Normani up and down,the girl was extremely attractive to say the least.Her beautiful braided hair reached her lower back,bringing out her face.Looking at her face Dinah took a little too long to look at her eyes and turned her head when she noticed that Normani looked right back at her.

Dinah cleared her throat,"Umm do you want coffee?",not expecting to get back to sleep now.

"No,thanks",Normani shook her head,"I don't drink coffee."

There was a short awkward silence that followed.Now Normani was the one admiring the girl standing in front of her.

Dinah had curly hair and beautiful caramel skin,it was evident that she just woke up by the sleepy look in her eyes.She was wearing a white tank top that exposed her tummy a little and gray baggy sweatpants.

Normani brought heself back to reality and chuckled to herself, "How were you so quick to let me into your home,I could've been a serial killer for all you know",Normani spoke curiously.

"Well you don't seem like you are,you're too cute to be one,and I guess I am just too sleepy to care right now",Dinah smiled.

Normani blushed at the compliment,a little surprised by it.

"I did have a softball bat in my hands though.",Dinah pointed at the bat leaned on the wall beside the door.

Normani smiled at the sight,she turned to Dinah,"So,tell me about yourself",genuinely curious about her new roommate.

-------------------------

This is my first story,YAAAY!I will post more chapters depending on the feedback,I just had this idea suddenly and don't even know in what direction I will take the story.I like the suddenness of the idea I had and just decided to post it.Updates should be every three days if everything goes as planned.

However,I will start a new story that I had in mind for a long time now and it is planned out.That'll be up in a couple of weeks.