Chapter 11

"I'm afraid of bugs Dinah",Normani said as she watched Dinah set up a cozy makeshift bed on the second floor balcony so they could watch the stars together.

It was the middle of the night and they still haven't gone to sleep.They settled into the house after they figured out how to turn on the lights inside and outside of the house.Dinah already made sure to call her uncle and check if there was any food at the lake house before they left.

Dinah came to the insane idea to sleep on the balcony and watch the stars after they realized how hot it was inside of the house itself.She built makeshift beds and forts all the time for her siblings when she was younger,she still hasn't lost her skills.

"Don't worry,I'll protect you",Dinah looked back at Normani and winked,which made Normani genuinely laugh for the first time since they had that little incident with Becky.

Dinah smiled back and continued building the fort.Normani just leaned against the wall and watched Dinah in awe.

Dinah knew Normani was still bothered by what happened with Becky and she was doing everything she could to make this the best experience for Normani and herself.

A few more minutes passed and Dinah was finished with the makeshift bed fort thingy.
She went downstairs to make sure all the doors were locked and that all the lights were turned off,in the meanwhile Normani settled into the very spacious but comfortable space that Dinah made for them.

Dinah took some ice cream from the kitchen on her way back upstairs and put it in one big cup with two little spoons and a little chocolate chip cookie in the middle to make it cute.

She opened the bedroom door carefully so she wouldn't spill anything or scare Normani.Her smile widened when she saw Normani sprawled out on her back,trying to make herself comfortable.There was barely any space for Dinah because of how much Normani spread herself out.

"You could've just told me you didn't want me join,because that's kind of the message I'm getting here",Dinah joked with the dark skin beauty laying in front of her.

"I see you have ice cream,you get a pass",Normani joked back,the ice cream wasn't actually what she wanted but it was a nice plus.

"Oh?I'll be sure to buy you some on the way beck home,this is all mine",Dinah said confidently as she turned back,ready to strut into the room but was stopped when she heard Normani sigh and giggle.

"Dinah?",Normani giggled again which made Dinah turn around.

"Yes ma'am?",Dinah asked seriously,still putting up the act from before.

"Come here.",Normani said softly while she scooted back and leaned on the pillowed up balcony frame with her back,making space for Dinah to sit next to her.

Dinah couldn't deny Normani anything,as fun as their little act was,she still wanted to be close to Normani and enjoy their night.

She left the balcony door open so that they wouldn't lock themselves outside on accident,which Dinah honestly wouldn't mind at the moment but safety comes first.The only thing providing any light were the Christmas lights turned on over the balcony door inside the room,which was more than enough.

Dinah now scooted closer to Normani and picked up a spoon from the ice cream to let Normani try her favourite flavor combination.Green apple and chocolate.

"Close your eyes and open your mouth",Dinah stated as she took a little piece out of each flavor.

"If I didn't know about the ice cream I'd think about your other intentions with me in that position",Normani stated,a little smirk appearing on her face.She knew that Dinah understood what she ment.

Just like that she closed her eyes and opened her mouth lightly,not knowing what she was about to get.

She knew that Normani was actually trying to get a kiss out of her with that previous comment,but she decided she wouldn't give it up so easily.

She brought the ice cream up to Normani's lips and gave her a chance to taste it,she excitedly waited for Normani's reaction.

Normani hummed with approval,it really was amazing.Still,she couldn't hide her disappointment when she realized that it was just ice cream and not Dinah's even better tasting lips.

"You know,this is almost better than kissing you",Normani lied teasingly.

"Same",Dinah laughed when Normani looked at her seriously.She just took another piece of ice cream and tapped Normani's nose with it,leaving some there making Normani frown.

They finished up the cup of ice cream together and Dinah let Normani have the chocolate chip cookie.Dinah set the dishes aside and wrapped her hands around Normani as she layed her head on Dinah's chest.She played with Normani's beautiful hair and Normani absentmindedly drew paterns on Dinah's exposed stomach.

It was mostly silent,the only thing making noise being their hartbeats and a few cricket noises here and there.

The stars and moon were beautiful but all they could take in was each others presence.

Both of their minds were racing with thousands of thoughts about the person right beside them and everything else,but they still managed to fall asleep peacefully,together.

-------------------

Hello beautiful people!Here is chapter eleven,brought to you by none other than....meee! :D

If some of you didn't understand the bed-balcony-fort thingy here is a reference picture but just imagine there being a lake and a forest in the background ⬇

As always thank you for all of the support and love!Enjoy💕