13. speak

notes:

me, to myself: you have piles of homework and study work to do, you don't have any time to update.
me: bet.

Play the song: "Silver" by The Neighbourhood.

He is here again. And the next day, too. And the following day as well, and the next day, and the next day, and the next day.

He comes here every night, noiseless like a mouse, without a warning, without any invitation, and without caring if he's allowed to or not. He's visibly less scared. He moves more carelessly around the garage, sitting on a dusted floor and looking around with the same curiosity, and then at Josh, zoning out.

Josh didn't manage to make him leave yet. He really does make an appearance of a ghost. Talking to him is like talking to a wall. Even though he's very, very observant, nobody can make sure, if he really cares about what people say to him.

Josh decided to try him. Usually he doesn't mind Tyler's presence anymore. He's always really silent—as if that's a surprise—and Josh got used to him observing every move he does in his place. Tyler is curious; Maybe he hasn't experienced many interesting things in his life, and that's fine. But yesterday Josh wasn't in the same mood as the day before, and the day before, and the day before.

He didn't understand their relationship, because he wasn't able to call it any other way, from the beginning. Josh didn't allow Tyler to come into his life in the first place. But Tyler stepped into it himself. And then Tyler didn't allow them to have a normal contact like everybody else around them had. But yesterday it got into a final point.

He thought he wouldn't get angry at Tyler again—since the second memorable night he had stepped into the garage and Josh snapped at him—because, like he thought before, he didn't mind Tyler's presence, but sometimes he couldn't stand it anymore.

He still didn't know, why Tyler was doing all of this. He didn't know, if he planned something, if he planned to observe Josh to make it against him in the future. It was possible, and he never excluded that, even though it seemed pretty ridiculous.

If he wanted to be friends, to make some sort of contact, then why wouldn't he tell Josh? They spent enough time with each other at this point so he should know, that Josh wouldn't do any harm to him. He should go ahead and at least tell Josh, not even speak to him, but tell him, in any possible way, what's going on, at least a hint, so he doesn't have to freak out every time.

But it seems like he's not going to.

Josh was thinking a lot about it yesterday and thought about most drastic moves to make him explain things to Josh or simply leave. He couldn't be simply rude for him, but he figured, that if he at least tried one last time do something he doesn't usually do and it wouldn't work for Tyler, nothing else would anymore.

So when he had arrived at Josh's place at 1 a.m. with a phone in his hand and a sucker in his mouth and slid onto the floor under a counter like it was nothing, Josh wasn't able to hold it any longer.

He was playing something on his phone, keeping his round sucker between his teeth and right cheek, pretty concentrated, and he looked so peaceful and calm and safe, that it seemed pretty inappropriate, the thing Josh wanted to tell him in a minute, but it was the final streak. If it doesn't work this time, he won't try to make him leave anymore.

"Tyler," he spoke up from behind a table. He had probably said it too quietly, or it just went away with a wind and Tyler didn't hear, so he stated again, "Tyler, I'm serious. Get the fuck out."