17. mint flavored closeness

notes:

bunch of fluff as promised. please, comment. xx

Play the song: "Satellite" by All Time Low.

Tyler haven't seen Josh for a few days, maybe too many. He spent almost the entire week in Troye's house, sitting on his bed or on a chair in the kitchen and showing his face in a full view, feeling confused and impatient.

During this week he started to hate it; sitting still and motionless, not even able to rub your eye, because it reminded him of all these months he spent in bed to let his body heal and make his hand work. He doesn't tell it Troye, though, because he doesn't mind posing for him. Just sitting still itself makes him sick.

And during this week Tyler was missing Josh. The last time he saw him was on Monday during music class, but the last time they met was over a week ago, the day he spoke for the first time in four hundred seventy one days. It still feels so unreal. He doesn't know if he should have done that, but he doesn't regret it.

It's something more than even not seeing one of your friends for a few days, because Josh is his only friend now. And even though there is also Brendon and even Troye somewhere by the way, it's Josh who is his escape and a secret hideaway.

And the feeling gets surprisingly even more intense when he's leaning against the back doors of his school, leading to a parking lot, watching how huge and heavy droplets of rain hit the pavement.

What's even worse, Debby texted him a few hours ago that she wouldn't be home until the evening because of some meeting from her work. But it's not the bad thing. The bad thing is that Tyler usually doesn't bring keys to the house with himself, afraid that he would lose them like he did two times in the past. He takes the keys almost only when he goes out for a walk at night. His aunt is always home during a day.

So that he isn't even able to get into his house, and can't walk to the place where Debby is at the moment because of the rain. It would be wonderful if it rained only a little bit less, but it doesn't. Tyler can barely see the car in front of him on the parking lot, and if he took a few steps ahead, then all his clothes, along with shoes and socks and pants, would be drenched.

An hour has already passed on watching people driving away and letting other people walk through the door he was leaning against. He had sent a text to Debby a while ago, but she hasn't even read it yet, probably being too busy to use her phone.

When he starts shivering on his back, he remembers that he has been standing outside all the time, and he can simply come inside and wait for whatever there, but too busy with thinking this thought didn't even came into his mind.

He finally opens the door leading inside and closes very quietly behind himself, as the following break already ended a while ago. That's when he feels a sudden pinch on both of his ribs, making him almost squeal in surprise, uncomfortable feeling, and realisation of somebody invading his personal space, but he manages to control himself before it's too late.

He turns around, prepared to see Brendon who is capable of doing such things to other people, but he wasn't very prepared to see Josh in front of him.

"Hi," he says nonchalantly, looking somewhere at the parking lot through the glass door and waiting for Tyler's reaction.

Tyler frowns, looking up at Josh, waiting for answers about what that was for, but Josh probably isn't going to tell him.

"What are you waiting for?" he asks instead.