Chapter 16

I was in a room, with a barred window. The door was locked. The walls were concrete. I was scared, oh so scared. When will Mommy come and save me? 

"MOMMY!" I shouted, running against the door again. It wasn't any use, my old wounds just reopened. I fell to the floor, since the pain was too much for me. I crawled back to my bed and pulled myself on it. Mommy......when will you wake up? I heard the door being unlocked, and I smiled widely. My brother visits me a lot. I looked up and found that it wasn't him, but them. The leader of them was looking down at me. I looked at his hand, and I saw that he was holding a long needle. 

"Goodbye, Cathy." he said quietly, and I felt the needle in my arm. I laughed at the pain. The sweet, sweet pain.

I woke up sweating. This was probably from Sophie's story, but......Cathy? I probably made that up. This fever's been taking its toll on me. 

"Alice? Do you want breakfast?" I heard my mom's voice. I nodded groggily. She brought in tea and some bread. Well, yeah. I am eating the food of the kings. She gave me some of the medicine she bought yesterday. "Louise's funeral is today, Alice. I'll be back tonight. You can do some things, just try to rest as much as you can, alright?" She said, her voice a bit quiet. I just nodded, and went back to sleep.

 I woke up to some knocking on my window. I didn't realize what could happen since I was still half asleep so I went over to it, and saw the cute little face of a little murderer. Just the norm. 

"Can you let me in? It's cold....." she mouthed. I sighed and opened the window. Wait, wait, wait.........what? 

"H-how did you get up here?" I asked, wide awake now. 

"Big brother lets me up!" Wha........I looked down. Sure enough. Murderer #2 was right down there. 

He smiled. "Miss me, Alice?" My eyes widened as I shook my head. He climbed up into my apartment and I was really just shocked. 

"H-how do you---" I was interrupted. 

"It's been so long and you haven't wondered about that yet? Your building's very  close to the next one. It isn't that hard to climb up, even with a little girl on your back." I just nodded with my mouth half-open. I am basically learning how someone's stalking me.......

"Alice?" I heard Sophie's melodic voice. 

"What is it, Sophie?" 

"Are you sick? You look a bit sick........" I just nodded, and both of them backed away from me. It's honestly hilarious to have a killer back away from you because you're sick. He immediately left and I was just standing there with Sophie. 

"Sophie?" 

"Yes, Alice?" 

"Your............brother told me more or less that they.....that the bad people experimented on you. What did they do?"

 Her face darkened. "The leader said he could do something. Something great. So he needed me. He put me to sleep, telling me that I need to help him. When I woke up, I felt something in me. It was her. My best friend now. It was Cathy." My eyes widened. Cathy? "The leader told me that his daughter was in me. I didn't know he had one. He said that Cathy is his daughter. Then Cathy pushed me away inside of me. She took over me. I could see what she was doing, though. She was talking to her daddy. She has a really nice daddy...." she paused. 

I managed to ask her something. "Is Cathy.....i-is she still here?" 

"Yes.......she is. The leader tried to get rid of her later. " That was what I saw. "He knew it was hurting him that he was trying to talk to his daughter. He told me she was asleep. Just like Mommy and Daddy. Then brother put him to sleep, just like everybody else.......Cathy didn't leave, though. She didn't want to. She said she didn't have any friends when she was asleep. She said I was kind to her." It was moving to hear something like that. Everybody needs friends, after all. It was heartbreaking that all of this had happened to her, though. A small child. She smiled. "I can show you Cathy, if you want to!"