Chapter 37

I've somehow noticed that David hasn't been around for quite some time. It's weird. Is he there, but not letting me know? Does he have another one of those tiny microphones? Or maybe......just maybe.........he's actually leaving me alone? Maybe he is........you never know. 

"Alice?" My mother's voice ripped me out of my thoughts. "Have you invited Patrick over for Christmas?" I face palmed. Damn it, I haven't! Then again.......

"Mom, I think it would be better to leave him for a bit. He's been practically living next to me since he came here, and I think I'll just leave him to himself for a bit. He'll probably spend Christmas normally with the Edwards'." I told her. She thought for a bit, then nodded. I thought that it was a good idea to leave him alone for a bit since I really feel a bit clingy here. It may have been my idea to invite him over in the first place, but people can always get second thoughts. I think that it's alright to leave him alone. I don't want to bother people with my problems, since people have problems of their own. 

I was honestly still groggy from waking up, so I went back to my room. I sat in front of my computer and checked some of my mails, but there was nothing new. YouTube? There wasn't that much awesome stuff. Most of the videos were stuff like "Christmas DIY: How to........." and "AWESOME CHRISTMAS PRANK!" and that was more or less the whole page. I had absolutely no idea what to do. Is this what Christmas is supposed to feel like? I don't think so. I was just down. I wasn't feeling the best, but I knew what could always cheer me up. Snow! 

"Heyo, mom! I'm bored! I'm going to the park!" I yelled as I got dressed for the weather outside. 

"Alright, but don't sink into the snow or anything!" I laughed at her statement. I was downstairs and outside when I realized she was serious. We were nearly caught in a blizzard. The snow was literally knee-deep. It made me a lot happier just to see this. It felt great. It didn't feel quite as great when I was digging a path to the park. The snow-plough wasn't until tomorrow or something, I think. At least, that's what I thought, when I saw it coming down the street. Just when I was a few feet from the park. Awesome timing man. There weren't any people in the park. Literally, it was empty. 

I took advantage of this. I cleared off some snow to make room, and started sculpting the snow. Some of it was a bit hard to shape, but otherwise it was fun. I even went as far as to break some icicles off the branches of the trees around me and use them as jewelry for the snowman. It was a long morning, shaping the snow, breaking the ice, and before I knew it, I was finished and it was even lunchtime! I couldn't believe how happy this had made me. I tried to warm up my hands as I hurried home.