Chapter 29

I took a deep breath, and hoped that she was there. I clicked on the 'call' button. Instantly, she answered the call. Her face showed mixed emotions a second after she saw me and Patrick. She looked kinda.....I don't know.......Whatthefucky......yeah, that's my final answer. 

She breathed deeply, trying to sort herself out. "A-Alice......explain exactly what happened since I left." 

"WELL, I was kidnapped, I got a scar on my face, Patrick here joined me, Patrick is the killer's brother, the killer's name is David, he has a tiny 'sister' called Sophie who has......issues. Basically, she has a split personality......." Tara cocked her head. 

"WELL, HELLO, THERE, TARA! I'VE HEARD SO MUCH ABOUT YOU! ACCORDING TO ALICE, YOU ARE THE MOST ANNOYING BITCH ON EARTH!" Patrick yelled. Tara and my jaw dropped.

 "Bitch said WHAT?" She yelled. Then she paused. "W-wait.....Alice, you never told me that your boyfriend is british!"

"I AM NOT THE BOYFRIEND OF A GIRL WHO UNTIL A FEW DAYS AGO DIDN'T KNOW THE FAMILY OF CREEPYPASTA!" He yelled. 

"She what?" She looked shocked.

 "I know, right? How can one be so uneducated?" I just sat there, shooting them both dirty looks. 

"Arright, Alice, ya know we're just joking, right?" Tara asked nervously. I smiled and nodded. I don't like staying mad at friends. 

"So how's your life been?" I asked her. 

"It's great! The people here are so nice, and it's still kinda warm here!" 

"Well, while you were tanning, guess who attended the Snowball Festival?" Her eyes widened. 

"Did.....did you two.....DID YOU GO WITHOUT ME?????" She fake-cried. 

"Yup, and came in second place?" 

"Who won? Was it Max again?" I shook my head. 

"We......we actually don't know who it was. He knew my name, though. He knows who I am, Tara." I started panicking. I started having these panic attacks lately. 

"It's probably just someone from school whom we didn't notice. Yeah, definitely!" She calmed me. Mom called me and Patrick just then. 

"Bye, then, Tara!" Patrick said, and me and her said our goodbyes, and she hung up. "Your friend's nice, Alice!" He said. 

"You have no idea." I murmured. "So, what's for dinner, mom?" I asked her.

"Noodles. I made a whole pot of snowflakes this morning!" Patrick didn't really know what those are, but he saw them, and laughed. 

"Those really are awesome." He said. We sat down to have dinner.

"Do James and Annie know you're here?" Mom asked Patrick, talking about Tara's parents. 

"Yeah. They aren't expecting me home to early today." He answered. 

"Oh, is that so? Well, I hope you had a great time at the Festival." My mom said, a bit nervously. "So, Alice dear, are you two.....?" She pointed at us and I shook my head frantically. "Oh, alright. I'm sorry." She apologized to me and Patrick. We finished, and Patrick said goodbye and left. "Sooo......Alice?" My mom asked in a weird voice. 

"Yeah?" "Are you and him dating?" She asked me, very seriously. 

"Nooooo we're not!" I whined. God, parents.........

"So, I think I'll go to bed. I'm exhausted from today's work!" I exclaimed and went to my room. I checked my computer for any alarming signs, but there was nothing special, so I went to bed.