Chapter 33

"Alice! We have to go! Come on, the movie starts in ten minutes and we still have to buy the tickets!" I shut my book again. Dammit, the book was getting so suspenseful! 

"Coming, mom!" I shouted, as I stumbled down the hallway. 

"Are you drunk or something?" My mom asked me seriously. 

I just laughed. "Yes, mom. I had two bottles of Vodka before coming here." She glared at me. I just pulled on my coat. 

"So, let's go!" We were outside when I realized that I haven't been outside with my mom in ages. I think she was thinking something like that. 

"It's so beautiful this year. I missed the snow." She said, looking around herself. It really is beautiful. "You know, I wanted to see Frozen a few weeks ago because of all the snow there!" She said, laughing a bit. My mother.

"Then why watch it now when you can basically sink into the snow here?" I asked, kneeling into the deep snow to prove my point. 

She laughed again. "Well, I don't know, actually. It just seems like such a sweet movie, you know?" she looked at me. 

"Nothing else? Just because it seems like 'a sweet movie'?" I asked. 

"I'm definitely also watching because of Olaf!" She exclaimed like a little child. 

".........Who's Olaf?" I asked my mother, confused.

 "The sweet little snowman, of course!" She said, in an obvious tone of voice.

That, I think, is the only reason to actually watch the movie. He seemed pretty cute in the trailers. "There's the cinema!" She said, and quickened her pace. 

"Mom, why're you going so fast?" I asked, as I caught up with her. 

"It's freezing out here! Do you have some kind of cold protection on yourself or something?" She asked me. When we were in the movies it was two to five. I hurried to buy the tickets and there was actually no line. None. The ticket guy was actually looking at me like "dafuq man?" It might have been because of my face. I realized this and pulled a scarf over the scars. I bought the tickets for me and my mother and we went to watch the movie. 

It was about thirty minutes into the movie and I really wanted popcorn, so I nudged my mom. 

"What is it?" She whispered. 

"I'm going to get some popcorn. I'll be right back!" I wasn't planning on hurrying up since I think I could predict the plot from now. It's like a game I like to play. I try to predict what happens next in the movie's plotline. I was outside when I noticed someone following me. I tried to ignore it, hoping the person was just going to the toilet. This was supposed to be a perfect afternoon, right? I bought two little boxes of popcorn and a coke for good measure, and started going back. The person was still following me. I turned around to see.........not David? It wasn't David. It was a guy who looked only a bit familiar. I thought he was the guy from the Snowball Festival when I noticed his eyes weren't that really light brown. More of a grey. "Why are you following me?" I asked, getting straight to it. 

He looked closely at my face, then shook his head. "Sorry. I thought you were someone else. I really have bad eyesight, you know?" I studied him, then shrugged it off and went back to watch the movie. He didn't follow me. 

Didn't you want to see who it was? 

No. It was just a halfblind guy who reminded me of Snowball Guy because I am paranoid. 

Are you sure you saw him? Maybe it was just your imagination, Alice. 

It wasn't. He was right there.  

That's what you thought when you heard David, didn't you? He had that black hair.......

Excuse me, voice, do you know how many people have black hair? Do you? I paused to think about what I was saying. I just had a mental argument with myself. I am really mental. I was trying to watch the movie but honestly somewhere around the middle I fell asleep.