Chapter 32

I was finished with putting away my mom's groceries. "Mom? Why did you buy so much?" 

 shrugged. "We need food, don't we?" 

I nodded. We need food. That is a reason to go outside, too. "Should we go to the movies today, mom?" I asked suddenly. I actually just remembered that I promised her that we'd go. 

She looked confused, but recomposed herself. "Sure! What do you want to watch?" She asked happily. 

"No, what do you want to watch? I'll pay." I added. I never really spent my pocket money on a lot, so here's a treat. 

"You know, I think this new Disney movie came out a few days ago! We can watch that!" I face palmed, laughing. Ah, my mother. As much a Disney fan as the next six-year-old. No, wait, let me rephrase that. Six-year-old who isn't currently playing on an iPhone or iPad or whatever their parents bought them.

 "Well, if you want to. What's it called?" She thought for a bit. I was actually hoping that it wasn't one of these trailers I saw once........My mom snapped her fingers. 

"Frozen! That's what it's called!"

I groaned. Yup. Dat trailer. I saw it. It wasn't exactly the best movie idea ever in the last century. I sighed. "When is it?" 

"Can you go check on your computer?" I thought for a while. That virus could still be there. I decided to go check anyway. I went to check the movie theater website when Cleverbot opened in another tab yet again.

'Going somewhere?' The message read. How did it know that? Did it tap my computer or something? 

'Not necessarily. How would you know?' 

'Why are you checking the cinema?' Cinema. British Cleverbot strikes! I wondered why it was Cleverbot, used for this. Maybe because it's just to remind you of BEN or something.......

'No reason. I'm bored.' I answered. I don't even know why I stay here. I should be telling mom when the movie's on. 

"Alice? Did you check it?" I quickly switched my tab to see when it starts. In a few hours. 

"It starts at five, mom!" I yelled. I looked back at my screen, to see that my tab had been closed. 

'Planning a little trip to the cinema, then?' Well no shit. 

'And exactly why would I tell you this?' I asked. Exactly. Why? 

'Because I want to know if you are enjoying your last days together with your mother.' I stared at this. I can't think about how it would break my mother. She lost her husband. And her best friend. And yet she copes with it. Whom would she go to when I die? Patrick? Tara? I remembered with pain what she told me a few days ago. 

"First your dad, then Louise. Why is this happening to me? I can't believe it, Alice. I'm probably going to turn around one day and find you gone, too."

It was so sad. I wish this hadn't happened to me. I wish that I had been sick on that day. David would have been going on, killing people, but it wouldn't affect me that much. He might've even been caught by the police! Then this nightmare would be over. It wouldn't have even happened. If I could only reverse this. A message appeared. 

'Well, are you enjoying yourselves?' 

'Yes. We are trying to enjoy ourselves. Too bad all bloodthirsty David wants to see is fear. He won't have it.' 

'Oh, but he will. You'll see. Now go run off. Go enjoy yourself. Go pretend that your life is perfect as can be.' With those words, the tab shut off. I wish I could live my life as if it was perfect. The truth is: No one has a perfect life. You can be the richest kid in the motherfucking world and you life wouldn't be perfect. You could even be the happiest kid in the world that has never experienced any bad and yet your life wouldn't be a really perfect life. My idea of a perfect life is where you have experience on both sides of life and still live a happy life.