7

I wake up about an hour later and look at the mess I've made with tears, blood, sweat, and makeup. I get up and take off my shirt and throw it in the hamper with my pants.

I get a makeup remover wipe and take off my smudged eyeshadow and then get an alcohol wipe and clean up what's left on the floor. Then I get in the shower and watch the blood mix in with the water and drip down my leg and go down the drain.

I lean my forehead against the wall of the shower and start crying. I can't let my mind control me like this. Why does it control me? In a bad way. This isn't me. I look down at my hip and rub it. "I'm sorry Jonathan." It burns.

I finish my shower and get in bed thinking about why I didn't jump the other night. Actually, things have gotten better since that night. I have Valerie back now, I get to see what happens with Nathan and we saved each other. I get to see my mom and sister again and maybe actually have a good time.

They're just sorry for you. They invited you because they knew you were going to be alone.

I ignore the demon in my head and pull Ruby closer to me to feel her purr. I close my eyes and fall asleep right away and try to look at the good in my life from right now and from what might come.

------------------------------------

It's a fresh November Sunday in San Francisco when I wake up. The shop is closed so no work. I'm not really hungry so no breakfast. It's sunny outside so off to the mountains it is.

I walk to the restroom and see myself in the mirror.

Fatty

Maybe I should stretch while I'm out there. I pull on some yoga pants and a loose t-shirt and some running shoes and feed Ruby.

As I'm getting in my car I smell a familiar cologne. I look in the rear view mirror to the back seat and see Nathan's sweater on the seat.

"Shit I forgot to give it to him." I turn back and grab it and put it in since I forgot mine upstairs and it's chilly. I drive off to my usual spot where I sometimes watch the sunset and sunrise where I get a view of the sun right in front of me and the Golden Gate Bridge a little off to the left.

I put on my relaxing playlist, take off the sweater, and start doing my usual yoga routine. It feels so good to relax with a view like this. When I'm done I sit on the ground and enjoy the view and let the fresh wind run through my hair.

After about thirty minutes I get up to make some calls about thanksgiving. I call Mark first and he answers almost right away.

"Hey Arista, what's up?"

"Hey Mark I was just calling to ask you something."

"Oh okay what's up?"

"Do you have any plans for thanksgiving?"

"Look Arista I already have my eyes set on this one girl and I'm waiting to make my move so no we can't have dinner together sorry."

We both start laughing.

"You're so cocky and full of yourself I was asking because my friend invited me to her place and our families are going to be there and so is Audrey."

He stayed silent for a moment.

"Oh Audrey's going?" He says now interested.

"She is, is that a problem?"

"No, not at all actually. Um yea I'll be there, I don't have any plans just text me the address." He says sounding pretty happy.

"Alright then I will. I'll see you guys tomorrow. Bye."

"Alright see ya Arista."

We hang up and I look for Nathan's number and find it. My heart flutters when I see his name. Then I think about his voice and get the chills. Then I think about his smile and blush.

"Fuck!" I yell getting frustrated at the fact that I've started falling for this guy that I barley know. I groan and call him and he picks up.

"Hey angel face." Okay it's obvious he's got something for me. I start laughing just at the new nickname he gave me.

"God you're so cheesy."

"Only for you." I can totally tell he's smirking.
I scoff at his reply.

"Stop Nate I just needed to ask you something." I say lightly chuckling.

"Really? Because I happen to have a question for you too but ladies first" Probably on another date.

"Okay well I was wondering is you had any plans for Thursday so I could invite you to my friends place. Our families are gonna be there and a few of my friends also." Please say yes i keep repeating in my mind and I lay down.

"No luckily I don't have any plans so sure I'll come. Now my turn." My heart stops. What could he have to ask? "Which tattoo shop do you work at?" I sigh in relief.

"Picture Machine. Why?"

"No way that's where I got my tattoo done by my friend a few years back! Oh and no reason I was just curious." Hmm weird.

"Mkay well what are you doing?"

"Just got to work angel. What about you?"

"Just watching the sun and clouds. I'll talk to you later or tomorrow and let you get to work Nate."

"Okay bye Arista."

"Bye Nathan." I say smiling and hang up. I'm gushing over this guy.

Today is going to be a lazy day for me. I'm going to be lazy but enjoy myself at the same time and try not to let anything get to me. Not even my mind.

I go back home to take a shower and finally read my Divergent books and lay with Ruby all day. It probably seems boring to you but this is the best lazy day ever.

Sorry this chapter was kinda short but it was important and leads to events so I had to. Please vote for my story if you like it and keep reading. :)