Sing Me to Sleep

{A/N: y'all get a 2nd update today because it's my birthday!😊 comment your thoughts and ideas!}
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Demi's POV

"Hey baby girl," I push Paige's door open slowly and see her sitting on her bed playing with her bird, "let's get you dressed. I wanna take you somewhere." I smiled at her warmly, walking over to her and taking her hand as we walk to her closet.

I pick out a cute pink T-shirt with a black sparkly cat on it, black skinny jeans, and pink sparkly shoes. I pick Paige up and walk back to her bed and stand her up on it. She throws her hands up in the air and giggles. I grip her shirt in my hands and gently lift it over her head. My breath catches in my throat when I see all the bruises, cuts, and scars that litter her small body. Nobody deserves this pain, especially not an innocent 3 year old. Paige looks at me straight in the eyes with a questioning glance, I could see so much pain in those stunning gray eyes.

I wish there was a way I could take it from her, I guess I'll just have to give her happy memories to outnumber the bad ones."Its okay baby, lets just get you ready." I smile at her lovingly and slip her shirt on. I gently tug her shorts off, more bruises and scars on her legs too, but the ones that really worried me were the larger ones on the inside of her thighs. I shook the thought out of my head, they wouldn't, but I couldn't help but assume they did. I pulled her skinnies up and buttoned then zipped them.

Paige slipped of the bed and trotted around the room. I laughed and watched her somewhat running around the room. "What're you doing sweetheart?" I laughed, but knew she wouldn't answer me. She toddled over to her white dresser and grabbed some pink puppy socks and showed them to me while she made her way back over to me. I laughed and face palmed, "oops, I forgot socks didn't I?" She giggled and nodded her head when I picked her up on to the bed. She smiled and handed the socks to me so I slipped them on her feet. She giggled again and kicked her feet back and forth staring at her toes as she wiggled them. I laughed and picked her up and started walking out to the car after I put her shoes on.
"Is it okay if my best friend comes with us baby?" I asked her as I opened the door and buckled her in. A look of unease and fear crossed her face. "It's okay sweetheart, I promise she won't hurt you. Nobody will ever hurt you again baby, I'm here now, I'll protect you." I saw her relax significantly and smile as she nodded her head. "Okay, thank you sweety. She's going to meet us where we're going." I said as I buckled my seat belt and started the car.
~~~~~~~

Paige's POV

Demi gasped when she saw all the marks daddy gave me. She didn't ask about them though and I was happy she didn't. She looked scared about the ones on my legs the most though, but I don't know why.

After we got dressed Demi carried me outside to the car and strapped me in my seat. "Is it okay if my best friend comes baby?" I was scared to see anyone else. What if they hit me? What if they didn't like me? I bet they'll just hate me like Becca said they would. Something about Demi made me trust her though, I don't know why, but I think she loves me. She promised she would keep me safe, so I guess I can trust her.

I smiled at the thought of having a mommy that really loves me. Demi started the car and started driving. The next thing I knew, Demi was waking me up when we parked the car at a building with a smiley ice cream cone on it. I get ice cream?? Real ice cream? I smiled at Demi and giggled when she laughed and nodded like she read my mind. I put my hands up in the air as she picked me up and carried me in.

We stopped a few feet inside the door as Demi looked around. "Hey! 'Rissa!" Demi said, happy and smiling.

"Marissa, this is my daughter Paige." Demi said smiling at me. I smiled at her calling me her daughter then looked at Demi's friend Marissa and shot her a small smile before turning into Demi and hugging her tight, burying my face in her neck. I heard Marissa laugh as Demi started walking towards the table while Marissa ordered our ice cream.