Shouldn't Come Back

{A/N: oh my gosh guys 1.3K reads!? Sorry it's taken so long I've been extremely busy and I was on vacation. Here's an update!}

~~~~~~~~~

Demi's POV

"Shhhhh yes you can sweetheart. I'm gonna help you." I soothed, trying to calm the hysteric girl clinging to me like a lifeline.

"I ca-" She choked out, sobs racking her body.

"Yes you can love." I reassured her, pulling her closer to me on to my lap.

We sat there for a good hour until she finally calmed down. "Come on Staci, we'll go get you some clothes and you can stay here with me for a couple days then I'll go talk to your parents." I suggested, pushing her away enough for her to look me in the eyes.

I stared into her eyes, all of the pain, betrayal, shame, and so many other emotions she shouldn't be having to feel. I have to help her fix this. I'm going to help her.

"A-al-alright D-Demi..." Staci whimpered, wiping her eyes. "Wh-why would th-hey want me ba-ack.." She stuttered, her head drooping down to look at her lap.

"Hey look at me," I said gently putting two fingers under her chin and tilting her head up to look into my eyes. "I care and I'm going to help you get through this love. I promise. Now come on, shopping time." I smiled, my soft smile turning to a child-like mischievous one when I mentioned shopping.

~

I pulled into the mall parking lot and parked the car, my mood becoming slightly ruined when I looked towards the building. "Dammit!" I cursed, my eyes scanning the entrance of the mall trying to find a place to get in without being mobbed by paps. "Alright Staci, getting into the mall is gonna be the hardest part. Once we get inside security will keep them out. You hold on to me tight and ignore them, I'm gonna hide you under this jacket as best I can. Okay?"

"Okay."

I got out of my door and hurriedly met Staci at the front of the car, pulling her tight to me and draped my jacket over her. She wrapped her arms around my waist and held tight as we started walking towards the door. As we started to get closer, the paps notices us and ran towards us yelling.

"DEMI WHO'S THIS?!"

"WHY ARE YOU HIDING HER?!"

I heard their questions before they were even to us, but within seconds they were surrounding us and I had my arms tightened securely around Staci as we struggled through the crowd.

"DEMI COME BACK!"

"TALK TO US!"

"YOUR FANS WANT ANSWERS!"

I pushed our way through until we were at the doors and made it into the mall safely. "Gosh they have no f*cking respect for anyone." I growled. "Well let's find you some clothes." I grinned while she forced a smile and rolled her eyes playfully.

I grabbed her hand and drug her into the first store and led her around the clothes racks with her telling me what she likes and me piecing together perfect outfits. I pulled out some dark ripped jeans, a plain white tight tshirt, a black leather-like vest with studded shoulders, and black boots to match.

I turned around to show Staci, her face immediately lighting up. Anxiety flashed in her eyes a moment later, only to be quickly hidden with a fake smile. I handed the clothes to Staci who walked off to the dressing rooms to try them on. I noticed a boy maybe a couple years older than Staci look our way, but it didn't surprise me because Staci is pretty even if she doesn't think so.