Hold Up

{A/N: so sorry it's been so long guys I've had serious writers block and no help from you guys. Please comment/message ideas for the story, the more ideas you give the faster I'll update most likely. Thanks for reading, love y'all}
~~~~~

Demi's POV

I felt the soft touch of a small finger on my wrist, tracing back and forth. I slowly opened my eyes and yawned. I looked at Paige snuggled into me, using my right arm as a pillow while she rubbed my left wrist with her thumb.

"Mommy..?" She asked, her voice trailing off weakly. "What are these?" She asked, rubbing my scars with her fingers.

I took a deep breath and tilted her head up, so she was looking me in the eyes. "They're battle scars baby. People who have them are warriors. The ones like mine mean the warrior won his or her fight, the ones that aren't healed mean the warrior is struggling still in their fight and I'm trying my best to help them win." I explained, watching her facial expressions change from understanding to thoughtfulness, then from a blank expression to pain.

"Baby what's wrong?" I asked kissing her cheek.

"T-Twent had those. He had some ones like yours an some ones that were dwipping red stuff like I saw w-when..." Paige's voice trailed off as she choked up. "When Jack hurt him n-nd Twent weft me." She stammered as she nestled into my chest clutching her nightingale close. "I-I wish he met you. Maybe you help him. I miss him mommy." She sobbed, my heart shattered knowing how much pain she felt about Trent.

"Baby, if I knew him I promise I would've helped him. And even if he didn't get to finish his battle, he's still a warrior baby. He's just a warrior angel now. But you know what baby girl?" I asked gently.

I tilted her head up some as she wiped some tears off her face and I did the same. "Even though you can't see him, Trent is watching you and helping me protect you. And I bet he would love it if you would help me help other warriors win their battles. Would you like that baby?" I asked her and saw her eyes light up immediately. That's how I loved to see her, eyes bright with determination and spark, even for a small 3 year old.

Paige grabbed my hand and pulled me out of bed and downstairs. "Baby where are we going?" I asked, confused and laughing.

"We gonna help dem!" She grinned, with a fierce light in her beautiful grey eyes.

She pulled me into my office room and climbed into a chair at one desk with lots of paper.

"Mommy!" She shouted, so suddenly and unexpected that I jumped. "I need cwayons!" She squealed giggling.

I grabbed a box of them out of a drawer and handed them to her.

"Mommy no peek!" Paige whined.

I covered my eyes and back away. I sat down at the other desk with the computer at it and turned it on. As I waited for it to power up I turned around and watched Paige draw, struggling to hold the paper down with her arm in the cast. I grinned when I heard her squeal excitedly. She spun the chair around quickly, so hard that she went farther than she thought she would and she kept turning past me twice more. I laughed and grabbed the arm of the chair, stopping her.

"Mommy look! There's the warrior wif their awmor!" She pointed to a figure with a shield and a sword. She's an amazing artist for being so young. Natural talent. "...an there's the monster dey fighting!" She squealed, pointing to a large black figure with claws, fangs, and evil red eyes. Amazing. She hit the mark exactly. Hmmm I wonder...

I pulled out my phone and made a couple calls. I wide grin spread across my face as I turned on the printer, which had a built-in scanner.

"Hey baby. I got an idea. Do you want me to make copies of your picture that we could put on cards and carry with us in case we see someone who needs our help?" I asked, as much as I thought it was impossible I watched her eyes light up even more, glimmering with excitement.