CHAPTER 4-Confusion

I wake up with my head heavy. Dam Dave for making me work so hard. It takes time for my eyes to adjust, holy crap! I start to panic and try to get up but I'm overcome with an excruciating pain in my chest. I scream in pain, what the hell am I doing in the hospital? A nurse walks in and tells me to calm down, I do the opposite demanding answers till she injects my drip. I suddenly feel tired and feel sleep engulfing me.

I wake up later still confused but didn't want to make a scene, I don't want to be sedated. I call out for a nurse. She walks in the room, this room is rather fancy the only way you know its a hospital is because of the machines. Either then that its a nice room. The nurse checks my vitals. "What happened to me?", I ask. "The Doctor will be in to talk to you, don't worry". With that she walks out. I try to think about what had happen till I got here.

The doctor walks in, a middle aged lady, she gives me a faint smile. "Hello Luthando, how are you feeling today?". "Aside from the pain I'm OK doctor, what happens?".
"Well you were shot three days ago, luckily the bullet missed your heart and major arteries. We had to remove it an put you in an induced coma so that your body will rest since you lost a lot of blood." To say I was shocked was an under statement , I was overcome by a wave of emotions and thoughts that I began to have a panic attack. I noticed the doctor injecting me till I felt light and drifted off to sleep.

I woke up still worried, I needed that internship and the money that came with it. How will I survive with no income and without an internship, I cannot graduate. I felt my eyes began to sting but I willed myself not to cry. Lu does not cry, she is a strong woman. I have overcome so much in my life to let this tear me down.
"Luthando you up, good because you have a visitor. I will call him in". A visitor? For me? I was puzzled, could he have come to see me? But how would he know?. My thoughts are interrupted as the door opens and I'm rendered speechless. What the hell is he doing here!

"Well you don't look happy to see me, how are you feeling?"
"I'm fine, what are you doing here?"
"I came to check on how you are doing"
"How did you find out?"
"Well they called me when you got shot since my number was the last number that called you so they contacted me."
"How...why...?"
"Well after you left my car I called you to tell you to save my number in case you needed help"
"Oh...but I am OK, I don't need help. Can I carry on my internship when I leave here? I promise to make up for the days I was here."
"Of course your position is still available but you have to take it easy for a while..."
"No I don't, I'm fine..."
"You're not, you lucky that you recovering so well. I had to... I have meeting I will be back later to check on you"
"You don't have to, I'm fine"
"Did you call someone to come see you?"
"I'm fine"
"Well you needed me so I'm coming"

With that he turned and left. Why the hell did he come here. I was starting to develop a hate for him. How dare he push himself in my life. I don't need him or anyone. I'm fine!