Chapter 24-Excuses

I woke in the afternoon, I really needed to nap after my revelations. Life has totally been an emotional rollercoaster ever since I met Bradley.

Walking in the kitchen to get some water I find Bradley on his laptop with a bunch of paperwork strewn on the kitchen table, I thought he was taking the day off (workaholic).

He looks up and smiles as he see's me walk in. I smile back at him retrieving a bottle of water from the fridge and sitting across from him.

"How are you feeling?", he asks smiling at me.
" I'm good now, thanks"
"You must be hungry, how about you get dressed so we can go out?"

"OK cool", I say getting up to go change. I notice he is already in jeans, sneakers and a casual v neck T-shirt, he must have changed and waited for me to get up.

I get to the room and quickly freshen up before changing into skinny jeans, sneakers and a casual T-shirt too. I tie my hair up and apply a bit of make-up.

Walking out the room I hear Bradley talking to a familiar voice. What the hell is he doing here. I walk into the living room to find a beat up Bob.

"Luthando!", he exclaims when I walk in. "How are you feeling? I came to apologise about last night, I was drunk and emotion". He says walking towards me, I take a step back and he takes the hint stopping in his tracks looking hurt.

I notice Bradley look angry with his hands balled in a fist." Just say the word if you don't want to talk to him."

"No its fine Bradley", I say." You didn't have to come here Bob"

"I had too, I really love you and I feel like crap hurting you", he says staring into my eyes with a sincere look.

" I'm over it Bob, I'm over last night and I'm over what happened over a year ago", I say realising that I really was.

"I want us back together!" he says walking up to me and taking my hand.

"I can't Bob,not after everything that's happened. After you I decided to go back to my old ways and not date", I say pulling my hand away.

I notice a hurt expression in his face. "I understand but I'm not giving up on you. Can we at least be friends?", he says giving me a weak smile.

" Of course", I say returning the smile.

"If I may ask,what did you mean when you said there is no baby? Did you just say that to hurt me?"

I feel like the wind has been knocked out of me, I look over to Bradley who nods at me giving me strength to talk.

"There is no baby Bob,I had an abortion", I say looking down.

"What?! You killed our baby? How could you do that?", he asks with a hurt expression in his face.

"You left,what was I to do? I couldn't drop out", I say getting angry. He had no right to judge me when he was the one that walked out.

"I would have come back for you. I came back in town and was planning on settling in before looking for you". His words sting making me feel bad about my decision, but how would I have known he would come back.

"That's a lie!".Bradley speaks up, I had forgotten he was in the room.
"You wouldn't have come back, you only came back after you got divorced. Luthando I ran a background check on him. He got married straight after he got a job after varsity. He got divorced three months ago,his wife left him for someone else, and moved here. He is just trying to make you feel bad."

I look at him angrily and he lifts his hands in the air in defeat. "Fine that is true but after it did not work with her I really came back for you".

How could I believe him now after he lied?

"Please leave Bob", I said emotionally exhausted.

All I needed from him was an apology for leaving, not excuses and lies.