Chapter 27- Stupid

Arriving home he was not there, I wanted to ask him about the contract, I had asked Sindy to go over it at home before I sign it. I needed answers first.

I showered and changed to my pyjamas and still no sign of him.
I met Linda in the kitchen and we had a chat as I ate.

I couldn't stop glancing at the watch, it was nearly nine. Where the hell was he?

"He is out of town", Linda said reading my mind. "His mother was in a car accident but he says she is alright just a little bruised. He will be back tomorrow morning."

I just nodded hurt that he didn't tell me anything. What were we? Sure he hadn't asked me to be his girlfriend but I assumed given the fact we were sleeping together and the sweet breakfast this morning.

"Are you OK?" Linda asked me with a worried look on her face.

"I'm fine." , I gave a fake smile. "Just tired, I had a long day."

I went to bed hurt and confused. I had to stand up to him and ask about the nature of our relationship along with the contract.

That night I barely slept. I spent the night twisting and turning in my bed feeling so lonely without him there.

How had I become attached to someone I just met. This was very toxic.

I woke up in the morning, got ready trying to mask the fact that I barely slept.

I drank two cups of coffee to feel awake and then walked out to take a bus to work. 

Arriving to work everyone was getting in so it was busy.

"Luthando!", I turned to see Dave approaching me.

"Hi! I will need your help again today, you were great yesterday. Today I will meet up with my creative team and seeing as you are now a permanent employee, I'd like you to join the team".

I was happy with the news, finally I was going to be doing what I love and studied but I couldn't help but worry that maybe Mr Bloom needs me as his assistant.

I shook off the thought, I'm tired of feeling used my him.

It felt good to work with the team brainstorming new ideas for a sales pitch. I was thankful that Dave gave me this opportunity.

By the the time the meeting finished, the whole team went out for lunch.

On our way back a beautiful blonde with a stylish pixie cut who was with us, pulled me aside.

"Luthando right?", I nodded
"Are you new? I don't think I have seen you before. I'm Lanie!", she said smiling extending a hand.

"No I'm not new, I was doing my internship but then I had a little accident so I was away for a while", I said uncomfortably.

"No ways!, you the chick living with him?", I frowned at her excitement and wondered how she knew.

"Don't give me that look people talk around here. You are so lucky girl, Mr Bloom is amazing in the sack and it would be a dream living with him."

I was stunned. Did I just hear her right?

She laughed hard before bringing her voice down, "Don't be shocked girl, our boss is one sex addict but we don't mind."she said raising her eyebrows and grinning.

I cleared my dry throat and asked her to be sure, " So he sleeps with his employees? "

"Yeah he has some " private " meetings in his office, that's why he has a bathroom there and for after hours he books into a hotel. He never let's anyone come to his house except for his fake slutty girlfriend. "

All I could do was nod as my heart felt heavy.

How could I be so stupid?