Chapter 21-Gold digger

Leaving his side I still felt eyes on me, some were glares and some looks of admiration like I have conquered something. I really hated being watch so when I saw an open balcony I slipped out there. It was huge with a few people chatting in small groups with drinks in hand. I leaned on the railing looking at the sea as it went back and forth to and away from the shore. I found the view beautiful and relaxing rather then the chaos that was inside.

"Sleeping your way to the top!", my thoughts were interrupted by Bobs voice. I turned around to find him way to close for my liking. " You know I never thought you would be the type to use her body to get ahead in life." I attempted to push him away but he grabbed my wrist in a painful manner and brought his face close to mine, his breath reeked of alcohol. "What the hell Bob! Let go of me!", I hissed irritated. How dare he touch me!. "Let go?,now you think you too good for me?", he said grabbing my waist with his free and pulling me close so that our bodies were touching. I freaked out and pushed him off with all my might. He hit his back and head against the wall, I saw a flicker of anger in his eyes. "You bitch!", he said grabbing me by my neck. I tried removing his hand but my actions were futile, my eyes started to water and I was feeling light headed.

" What the hell do you think you doing?", I was so glad when I heard Bradley's voice because Bob quickly let go of me. A loud punch landed on Bob's face, he fell down like a sack of potatoes. Bradley took me in his arms, "What happened?, why was he chocking you?". I just felt the tears pour out, another moment of weakness around him. He held me close comforting me, after a while Bob got up.

He stared at me in Bradley's arms and grinned, "So you do cry after all, I thought you couldn't show emotion". I could feel Bradley tense up ready to fight him again but I pulled him away. "Just leave Bob", I said trying to sound tougher. " Fine!, but I want custody of our child. No child of mine will be raised by a gold digger.", he said crossing his arms with an angry expression.

"You have a child?", Bradley asked me confused. I felt like my heart had just been ripped out and put in a blender. I couldn't breathe, I had to get away from here. "No I  don't!", I answered him before running out the door. I ran straight outside and when I reached the sand I kicked off my shoes and carried them by hand. When I was far enough I collapsed to the floor, not caring that the sand might ruin this expensive dress.

I let the tears flow, tears that I had been holding in all these years. I had tried to forget about that part of my life completely. It was becoming constant that every time Bob came in contact with my life, he turned my life upside down inflicting it with pain.

I was too busy crying that I had not heard his footsteps, all I felt was his strong body against me. I let him hold me, he was silent the whole time just holding me. " Are you alright?", he asked me after I had calmed down. I nodded guilty that today was his day and here he was babysitting me instead of having a great time. "Do you want to talk about it?", he asked studying my face. " No just a moment of weakness, I'm fine. Let's enjoy your party.", I said faking a smile getting up. He looked up at me unsure for a moment but then also got up dusting off the sand from himself. He took out a handkerchief from his pocket and wiped my face, I'm sure I had runny mascara. His hands were gentle on my face and I felt calm. He planted a kiss on my forehead when he was done and then took my hand leading me back to the party.

Once inside I went to the bathroom to fix myself up, he accompanied me waiting at the door.

The party went by pretty fast, or maybe it was because I drank quite a lot trying to forget the Bob fiasco, either way I was glad when we left.

The car ride back was fun, Bradley was equally tipsy and asked the driver to turn up the music. We were giggling and singing along still taking shots of the Vodka he had brought along to the car.