Chapter 12-Falling

I kissed him and he did not return the kiss. I felt his body tense up, oh gosh how can I be so stupid?. I quickly pulled back and slid past him headed straight for the room. My heart felt heavy and I was in the brink of tears,stupid stupid stupid girl. Soon as I walked in I locked the door and let myself slide down to the floor against the door. I laid there on the floor fighting the urge to cry, I won't and I don't cry. Rejection hurt so bad, it brought back the feeling of being worthless. What was I thinking? I got up took a shower to calm myself down and then I got into bed. That night I did not sleep much (if I slept at all).

I finally gave up trying at four in the morning. Bored I crept to the living room and retrieved the stuff. By six I was done so I crept to his office and left it at his desk so I wouldn't have to face him. I then returned to bed when u remembered I had a doctors appointment at ten. I did not have transport money so I had to leave earlier. I decided to wait for Mr Bloom to leave then I would leave. I got up and got dressed in jeans, flat pumps and jersey. I fixed my hair in a ponytail and applied some make up. I decided to slide the cellphone in my pocket though no one had my number and I do did not have anyone's contact. After a while I heard movement and then the front door open, great now I can leave. I got out of the room with the p!an to have a quick breakfast before leaving. On my way to the kitchen I met up with Linda, "Oh great you're done, Mr Bloom is waiting for you in his car". What the..."Excuse me? Why is he waiting for me? " , I asked worried. I was seriously not ready to see him yet. "Well he has to take you to the doctor before the meeting". I was so pissed at the fact that he had forgotten to mention the fact he would be taking me. Guess I had to skip breakfast so I headed for the door after I said goodbye to Linda.

I got to the car and unlike the last time we were in the car and together, he was driving today. I opened the passenger door and crossed my arms after I sat. "Morning", he said with no expression. I just nodded not in the mood to talk,and turned away from him looking out of the window. He was quiet and did not start the car, I prayed that he did not bring up yesterday in such a confined space. "Luthando...", oh crap! "...please fasten your seatbelt". Phew! I quickly buckled up glad that's all he said before he started the car. We drove in silence before we reached central town where the doctors offices are. He parked and turned off the engine, "It is only 8:30, how about we get some breakfast", he said. I did not know whether it was a question or a statement so I remained silent staring out of the window. "Let's go" , he said getting out of the car and I had no choice but to do the same.

We went to this small diner close to where we are going. We sat at booth at the back, the waitress was quick to our table. She was wearing a short skirt and a skin tight shirt. I noticed she was trying to flirt with Mr Bloom, "Call me when you are ready to order"she smiled. He just nodded ignoring her advances and staring at the menu. "Look at the menu Luthando, I'm sure you're hungry for food not me", he said with a grin still staring at the menu. I felt stupid for staring at him and now he was using that and last night to mock me. I was pissed at him now. The chirpy waitress returned and took our orders still attempting to flirt. After she left there was an awkward silence so I just stared down playing with my hands. "About last night...", he said breaking the silence. "I'm sorry, could we just forget about please", I quickly interrupted him. It was awkward enough having to live with it, I had no desire to talk about it. "...but,...", he tried to add but I quickly stopped him. "Please! I feel bad enough about it as it, it will never happen again I promise". He was about to say something but the waitress came back with our coffee, he kept his eyes locked to mine. The waitress tried to make conversation with him but he ignored her keeping his gaze on me. I felt so self conscious so I broke the stare and looked down.

I think I'm falling for this guy...