Chapter 20-Accessory

By 16:45 I was done all dressed up in an expensive dress (Versace according to the label) and equally expensive jewellery and heels. I looked simple and elegant in the black dress, black red bottom stilettos and with a  diamond necklace with diamond earrings. I went out to wait for him in the living room carrying a small silver clutch with my cellphone inside and lipstick inside. I knew his family had already since his mom came and knocked and told me they are leaving at 16:00.

There was a knock at the door, I wondered if it was Bradley. But why would he knock at his house. Curious I went to open the door and there standing in a white tight revealing dress was Kimberly. She wore a too short white lace dress that showed too much cleavage, the dress complimented her bleach blond hair. This girl was every guys dream girl.

"Who are you?", she asked walking past me. "Never mind where is Bradley he was supposed to pick me up an hour ago!", she looked at me folding her arms clearly frustrated. "Hello! Are you mute? Go tell Bradley his date is here!". With those words it felt like my stomach dropped to my feet, why would he ask me to be his date and then turn around and ask Kimberly. Typical guys I don't know why I was stupid.

I turned around to head to my room before I made a fool of myself when Bradley arrived but I was so emotional I did not notice him walk into the room and bumped into him. He caught me and pulled me close before I fell. I can't explain this feeling but being in his arms gave me something I have never felt before, a sense of belonging. He looked at me deep in my eyes and asked, "Are you alright?". Before I could answer our moment was broken by Kimberly.

"Hello! Bradley, happy birthday!", she said pushing me aside and then hugging him before giving him a kiss on the cheek.
"Kimberly! What are you doing here?", he asked wiping his cheek off her red lipstick. "Well you were late to pick me up, so I came over. Let's go we running late.", she said taking his hand and pulling him towards the door but he remained still. He was looking handsome in a black tailor fitted suit and a white shirt,simple yet elegant.

" Kimberly didn't you receive my text yesterday?"
"I thought you were kidding, I'm always your date", she said caressing his cheek.
"Not today, I'm taking Luthando", he said removing her hand and holding my hand in his.
"You kidding me right? You're taking that over me?", she asked angry. I was hurt by her remark,it added to the fact that I did not belong here.
"Watch it Kimberly!, now please leave we will see you at the party or you can go home". She glared at me before walking out of the door. Did he have to be so cold and rude towards her. Sure she was rude but she was his unofficial girlfriend, he could have told her nicely.

When she left he apologised before he complimented me on how amazing I looked. We had to rush off, we were running  late. The party began at 18:00 and it was already 17:30.

We stepped in a black sports car that looked so sleek and shiny. How many cars did this guy have?

Moments later we arrived at the venue which was a beach side posh hotel, Bradley helped me out of the car before handing the keys to the valet.

We walked through the reception area to where his party was being held. It was a huge hall buzzing with a lot of guests. This was really a big party. All eyes were on us as we entered hand in hand. I was not used to this kind of attention, I hated it in fact.

The first few minutes were spent with people coming up to him wishing him a happy birthday, a few took the liberty to greet me too. I felt like a useless accessory. I tried pulling out of his hand so that I could do what I do best, be invisible, but he held it firmly refusing to let go.

I was glad when his father called him for a photograph of the two of them for some paper. I excused myself from him and tod him I had to go to the ladies room.