Chapter 28- Waterfalls

Working with Dave helped a bit to take my mind off the news I just heard.

An hour before the workday ended Sindy came into Dave's office to tell me Mr Bloom wants to see me in his office. I got up to leave when I noticed Lanie give me a wink.

I was furious at the fact that she thought I was about to mess around with my boss.

Yes I had messed around with him before but I thought it was something more.

How could I fool myself to think I was something more? I was just a girl from the wrong path of life and to a man like Mr Bloom I would be nothing more then a sex toy.

I knocked on his door and he told me to come in and once inside he told me to lock the door behind me. I did even though I wondered what was the need.

"You back?",  I asked breaking the silence.

"Got back this morning, was into he office all day. Dave must be working you too hard since you didn't notice".

I shrugged at the comment, actually I was glad I didn't notice

"How come you haven't signed your contract? Yours is the only one missing and I hear from Dave that you thrilled to be working with him."

"Yes I'm really happy, its so good to do my part.", I said.

"Then why haven't you signed?, Are you considering Mr Johnson's offer?"

I was taken aback, " No!, I jus wasn't sure you really wanted me and not just offering because Mr Johnson made an offer".

"I gave you the job because you are a great employee and ...", he said standing up and coming to me placing a hand on my cheek.

" ...and because you are great person. ", and with that he leaned in and kissed me.

I knew I had to stop him but kissing him felt so good and so right so I kissed him back.

The kiss got really heated fast, he pushed me against the wall and started hiking up my skirt.

Reality hit like an uppercut to the chest. Lanie was right!

I quickly pushed him off me and fixed myself up.

" Luthando?", I  ignored him and walked out.

I felt like crying so I grabbed my stuff and walked out the office not daring to look anyone in the eye afraid it will make waterfalls of mine.

When I was out the tears started falling and not wanting passing people to I walked on not knowing where I was going. I walked some time till I came up to the park. I sad at a bench and tried to clean my face but the tears wouldn't stop.

"Luthando are you OK?", I heard a familiar voice. Gosh of all people!, I did not want him to see me like this.

He sat down besides me and pulled me in a tight hug.

That just made the tears worse. Why was I being so emotional?

When the tears subsided he cleaned my face with his hanky.

" I'm sorry", he simply said.

I was stunned and asked him why he was apologizing.

"For what I put you through in college.", he said taking my hand.

" That's not the reason I'm crying ", I said looking away.

" I know, but I still owe you an apology. "

I always wanted him to apologise but now that he finally did, I was speechless.

"So what has upset you?", he asked studying my face.

I looked away. How could I tell him that I was stupid to think my boss loved me.

"Its OK, do you need a lift home?"

Home? It dawned on me that I had no home and I really did not want to go back to Mr Bloom's place.

"Actually I'm looking for a place to live. Got any ideas?".

He let out a breath and pulled me to stand up.

"Actually I own  block of apartments, I could show you?"

I agreed. This is the Bob I used to know, so caring.