Chapter Thirty-Two

"Are you all ready?!" Erwin shouts, his voice easily reaching all recruits, despite the massive size of the area.

I glance across from me, my gaze locked on Reiner's. I have to fight this giant? I'll get my ass beat in the blink of an eye. I decide to embrace the challenge. Fighting him will be easier than fighting a Titan.

"Are you ready, (Y/n)?" Reiner asks, a hint of teasing in his tone.

He also knows how ridiculous this paring is.

"Don't get cocky, Braun." I respond, grinning.

"You're the Captain's girlfriend. I'm expecting a lot from you."

"I aim to please."

"GO!" Erwin shouts.

I narrow my eyes, Reiner stooping low, facing me.

"Your move, (l/n)." He says.

I move fast, punching Reiner in the chest. He dodges the next punch, grabbing my arm, and flipping me onto my back.

I land hard, the wind being forced out of my lungs, my head spinning. I lie there for a moment, stunned.

"(L/n), get up. Your reaction time could be the difference between life and death." Erwin commands.

"Yes, sir!" I huff, quickly climbing to my feet. I feel a little dizzy, and Reiner gives me a moment to let my head clear.

"Come on, you get trained by the best fighter in the recon corps. You must have more than that." He says when I take my fighting stance.

"Well, come on. Let's go."

"If you say so."

He jabs at me, my back arching backward slightly as I dodge his attack. When I come back up I grab his arm, twisting it around and behind his back. I stick my foot between his legs, tripping him. I shove him down, his body landing on the ground, a cloud of dust floating in the air around him.

I place my foot on his back.

"Good enough for you, Braun?" I smirk.

"You got knocked down by her?" I hear Bertholdt call, a grin on his face.

"Get over here and I'll show you how it happened." Braun huffs.

"You're not holding back, are you?" I taunt.

"Of course I a-am. You're a girl." He stammers.

I help him to his feet. He narrows his eyes at me. "You'd better stay on guard, (Y/n)."

Suddenly his eyes widen and he backs off.

"What are you doing?" I ask, my eyebrows furrowing.

"He's a smart brat." I hear from behind me. I turn around, finding Levi standing there, his hands on his hips. "By the way that was a great takedown."

"Levi, it's just training. He has to fight me."

"I know. Doesn't mean I like it any more, though."

When we're warmed up we practice things we've already worked on. Today we're working on how to use three dimensional manoeuver while we're on our horse.

I find my beautiful stallion. He's white with brown splotches, and his name is George. Some thought it was weird that I named my horse. But I don't pay them any attention.

"You ready for some fun, boy?" I say quietly, petting his velvety snout.

He exhales deeply, his hot breath tickling my skin. I place a gentle kiss on his nose.

Levi is in the stall next to mine, saddling up as well. I see him peek his head in the opening between our stalls.

"Did you just kiss your horse?"

"Yes, I did." I respond matter-of-factly.

"Oh, no." He walks back to his horse. "You might be softer than I initially thought."

"You're an asshole." I mutter.

"I heard that, brat." He calls back.

I laugh quietly.

I guide George out of his stall by his reins. I place my foot in the stirrup and pull myself up, sitting in the leather saddle.

I nudge my heels against his sides, being careful not to hurt him, and he begins to trot along the grass. I pass Armin, who struggles to get on his horse.

"Hey!" I call. "Need some help?"

"This is humiliating." He mutters, his round cheeks dusting over with pink.

"Hey, we've all been there. Don't feel bad." I tell him. "Here, I'll lean over and grab your hand and pull you up. Does that sound good?"

"Yes, thank you." I can hear the relief in his voice.

I stop beside his horse, leaning over and placing my hand on the saddle. I grab his outstretched hand with my free one and help pull him up. As I'm moving back into place on George, he neighs loudly before rearing up on his hind legs. I feel myself fall backwards, landing on my back. I feel the air being forced out of my lungs, my head spinning as I try to catch my breath.

"(Y/n)!" Armin calls. "Are you okay?" He sounds worried. I just nod.

"Yeah, hurry or you'll be late."

"Are you sure?"

I peer over, seeing Levi coming out on his horse.

"Yes, I'm okay, just winded."

"Okay. Thanks for your help, (Y/n). I owe you." He rides off.

"(Y/n), what did you do now?" Levi asks, trotting up to my side.

"I fell off my horse. Before you say anything shut up."

"I wasn't going to say anything." He smirks.

"I'll beat you up." I mutter, climbing to my feet.

"You need to get better at whispering. I can still hear your petty insults."

"I'll show you petty, you child." I grunt, climbing onto George again.

"That's low." He frowns. "Especially for you."

"You know I'm joking. Come on."

"If I'm a child, what does that make you? A pervert?"

"Pervert? What?"

"Well, if I'm a child, that'd make you a pervert. Especially after what you did to me last night..."

I smack his arm. "Shut your mouth!"

"Well, you're due to run laps. Because you're late!" He says.

"Dammit." I gallop off toward the field.

Just a quick author's note: I actually finally have the entire plot for this story planned out. So there will be less filler and more actual story. Thanks for over 2000 reads!!! And thanks for reading. Love you all ❤❤
~Abby xoxo