Chapter Forty-Five

Your POV

The little boy trembles as he describes his parents to me. They're not dead. He was separated from them in the large crowd of people.
I take his small hand in mine.
"We'll find them." I reassure him, ducking down so that my eyes are at his level. "I promise."
He nods, sniffing loudly.
"Where did you lose track of them?"
He points to the entrance to Trost.
"Did they come through?"
Once again he nods. I stand upright. "Let's go see if they're there."
We push through the crowd of people, my hand slipping out of his grasp when we're nearly there. Thankfully it takes a moment to find it again. I can understand why his parents lost him so quickly.
Everyone is in a mad rush to get away from the danger. Crowds flood through the doorway, some crying, others shouting loudly.
I feel all hope of finding the boy's parents fade. There's no way they'd still be here.
"Daniel!" I hear a hysterical woman scream, her voice rising above the loud crowd.
"That's mommy!" He cries, yanking on my hand. "Mommy! Mommy!" He calls.
Her voice sounds closer as we move towards the sound. I can't find her in the dense crowd. I turn to Daniel.
"I'm going to lift you. Tell me if you can see her."
He nods, seeming nervous as I lift him in my arms. I hold him up high, placing him on my shoulder.
"There she is!" He yells.
"Daniel!"
"Mommy!"
I walk through the crowd, until the woman appears. I set Daniel down carefully and he runs into his mother's arms. The woman thanks me, taking my hand in both of hers. She squeezes it, before she hurries away from the entrance to Trost. I make my way back to Levi, finding him still with the priest. Based on Levi's expression I'm guessing he still didn't utter a peep.
We make our way back to the waiting carriage.

The squads are set off a short time later, a night falls, to find the breach in the wall. Any Titans should be dormant.
Levi takes me to the building where we'll be staying, when he notices how tired I am. We don't have bedrooms. We're all on sleeping bags on the floor.
He lays some hay down to put my sleeping bag on so it will be more comfortable. He sits beside me, his hand in mine. This area is quieter, but the voices of the survey corps members are still loud enough I can't sleep.
After a short time Hanji peeks her head around the corner. She motions for Levi. He nods.
"I'll be back as soon as I can." He leans down, his lips pressing onto mine. "I love you." He whispers.
"I love you too." I say.
He gets to his feet, his boots clicking on the floor as he walks away.

Levi's POV

"Captain, we have important information." She tells me, as we make our way over to Eren, Mikasa, and Armin.
When we reach them I stay in the background, leaning against the wall, my arms folded over my chest. "We have important information regarding the colossal and armoured Titans." Hanji says, unfurling the rolled piece of parchment.
"The armoured Titan is Reiner Braun. The collosal Titan is Bertholdt Hoover. And the female Titan is Annie Leonhart."
They all seem shocked. Aside from Armin, who I know brought up the idea.
"How could you accuse them of being Titans? They aren't traitors! They've been with us through everything! There's no way they could have done this to us. They're our friends, our colleagues!"
Armin steps in, offering knowledge of how he helped figure this out. Eren's eyes flood over with tears.
"There's no way... How could they do this to us...?" His voice is filled with sadness. He believes it.
"I'm going to kill them all myself." He growls.
"You have to contain yourself around them. We have a plan to expose them and capture them. But if they know that you know who they are, it will never work." I tell Eren. "You need to keep yourself composed and act normally."

A/N: hey everyone. Sorry I haven't updated in SO LONG. I've been at such a writer's block. I was following with the plot of the anime, but I think I'm going to break away from that and go my own way. I have so many ideas and story left that don't fit in with the original plot so I'm going to go my own way. Thank you for reading and voting. I can't believe this story has almost 9K reads. I love you guys so much. Have a great day. Thanks for sticking with me. ♥♥