part three, my secret spot is found.

I looked at Mia, concern and shock was written all over her face. She rushed to my side and asked "Are you okay Lena?" I looked into her eyes and nodded my head, but secretly I was trying to convince myself I was. Mia placed her hand over mine that was grasping onto her arm, and guided me back towards work. I couldn't speak, so I was thankful Mia broke the tension, "How did you not know it was Callum Parker earlier in front of the bookstore?" I stared at the ground watching my footsteps hit the concrete until we suddenly stopped at an intersection and Mia forced my feet from moving any further into the street because honestly I couldn't really concentrate on much of anything. 

She squeezed my arm, and I jolted out of my thoughts and looked towards Mia, she raised her eyebrows, "Did you hear me?". I apologized, "I'm sorry Mia I'm in slight shock right now, but honestly I never really knew what Callum Parker looked like, I've only heard his name in the papers or in other people's conversations in the bookstore." Mia nodded slightly to herself, and we continued to walk towards Ainsworth & Johnson, and once we got inside I pulled Mia to the side, tugging on her olive green coat. "Look Mia, I'm sorry, can we talk about this back at the apartment?". Mia nodded and kindly said, "Yes of course Lena". I smiled at her, thankful for her friendship, and she smiled back at me, "Come on we got some reading to do, and plus I think I saw some cookies in the break room" She said that last part with a wink and I laughed loudly, as the sound echoed in the empty lobby and I followed her to the elevator. 

Mia and I settled on the couch with a bowl of popcorn, some movies, and a big fuzzy grey blanket. I angled my body towards Mia as I sat cross legged with my hands in my lap, as I looked at my hands I said quietly, "Do you think I'll see him again?" Mia then said while grabbing a handful of popcorn, "Well considering his office is near the bookstore and also Panini's you could possibly run into him again. But then again he is super busy, I mean hell, he's Callum Parker" laughing slightly. I laughed to myself too, "Yeah, you're right. I just think it's crazy you know. Out of all the guys in Manhattan I had to act like a complete fool around it HAD to be Callum Parker." Mia through a handful of popcorn at my head while stifling a laugh, "Yeah you have some serious luck my friend", I gave her a shocked look with my mouth wide open, "Hey", and through some back at her, while eating some that landed in my lap. I sighed contently, and settled into the warmth of the blankets as the movie began.

I woke up with a sore in my neck, and pain shooting up my back. My sight was blurry until my vision slowly took in my surroundings, I was still in the living room. I fell asleep last night on the couch, I rubbed my eyes with my hands and yawned loudly while stretching my tired limbs. I searched for my phone that ended up on the floor to read the time, it was 7:00 am. I groaned to myself and forced my body off the couch even though all I wanted to do was go back to sleep in my bed since it was Saturday. Instead I got changed into some workout gear and planned for a run, get breakfast at Panini's, and visit the bookstore. I had everything I needed and headed out the door making sure to text Mia letting her know where I was. 

I enjoyed running, other than reading running was my other form of escape from the outside world and chaos that I call life. It allowed my mind not to think, I never think about what's bothering me at the time while I run, it's just me, my steady heartbeat, the rhythm of my feet hitting the pavement, and my music was the background noise. After my run, I stopped into Panini's to get a cup of coffee and a quick oatmeal breakfast cup, once I was done I made my way towards the bookstore. I still had my headphones in and walked through the big wooden doors, I took one of my earbuds out and said hello to the young girl behind the counter, her name was Sara, she worked every Saturday. She knows I come in after my runs, and since I never bring anything with me  she lets me just hang out in the back and read a book without checking it out. I smile at her and head back to my favorite spot. 

I settle into my favorite little brown chair and face my body towards the window with a random book on a shelf near by that I found inviting. As I'm reading the first few pages, movement outside the window catches my eye, a familiar black sleek car rolls up outside the bookstore. I immediately recognize who's it is and advert my eyes quickly back to my book in my lap. All of a sudden I noticed the door opens, and none other than Callum Parker walks onto the sidewalk and starts to head inside the bookstore. My heart starts to beat so fast, like I had just finished my run. I hear a deep masculine voice talking with Sara from the front and then hear footsteps heading towards my direction. I do not see him coming but I am trying to read my book in hopes he will leave me alone, I keep rereading the same line, hopelessly not able to concentrate on any other words on the page. I then see a pair of black dress shoes in front of my chair, someone clears their throat and I peer up into those dark eyes again, but this time I have a tight grip on my book so it doesn't go tumbling out of my hands. 

He has a smug look on his face and then a deep velvety voice fills my ears, "May I join you?", I look to my right and then my left and back into his eyes. He starts to chuckle to himself amused with my reaction, he then says through his laugh, "Yes, you". I nod slightly not able to say much of anything and he brings a chair from near by and sits across from me near the window. I put my head down and try to continue to read my book, but again I cannot concentrate and steal a glance towards his direction. I notice his eyes are already staring at me, I then look at his hands and see he does not have a book. I ask amusingly, "Shouldn't you be reading a book?" He straightens his body posture and folds his left leg over his right knee and places his hands on top of his leg, and says "Why would I do such a thing when I can talk to you instead Ms... I'm sorry I did not catch your name?"