part six, the date.

I slid into the smooth black leather seat, crossed my legs and immediately clutched my purse in my lap in hopes Callum wouldn't notice I was nervous and slightly shaking. He shut the door behind me and walked around the back of the car, sliding into place next to me. Callum leaned forward and touched the driver on the shoulder while saying, "Harrison to Le Bernardin."

He leaned back into his seat and then silence fell over us. I didn't know what to say but I began with slowly turning my body towards Callum's, "Thank you for inviting me to dinner."

A smile slowly grew on Callum's face as he reached over and placed his hand on my forearm, his thumb slowly brushing back and forth, "It's my pleasure Ms. Lena, I hope you enjoy my company."

I couldn't concentrate on anything but his hand on my forearm, his thumb tracing small patterns in my skin. It tingled my entire arm, almost a burning sensation, so I returned a small smile. He removed his arm and the warmth from his skin began to fade, making me crave even his slightest touch again.

The car started to slow and we stopped along the road. I looked out the window and looked up at the restaurant mesmerized by it's appearance. I looked to my left and Callum had already jumped out of the car and was opening mine for me. He reached out his right hand to help me out and I thanked him with a smile. He shut the car door behind me and placed his left hand on my lower back guiding me towards the restaurant. I welcomed his touch feeling the warmth spread across my back. We walked through the doors and was met with a beautiful blonde hostess welcoming us. Callum spoke firmly, his hand still on the small of my back, "Reservation for Mr. Parker".

The blonde said flirtatiously while pushing her chest out, "Follow me", eyeing Callum up and down in the process.

I rolled my eyes at the thought of girls constantly trying to throw themselves at him in this manner. Callum seemed unfazed by her obvious attempts for his attention and instead looked down at me and smiled while motioning his head towards the direction of the hostess. We were seated at a secluded table near the corner, and I let my eyes roam around. I saw the restaurant had a sleek elegant feel, definitely not somewhere I'm used to being at. Callum pulled out my chair for me, after helping me take off my coat and placing it behind me. Before taking his seat across from me he placed his left hand on my bare shoulder slightly rubbing his thumb back and forth almost absentmindedly. He then left to his seat, almost making me want to reach out for his touch, but I resisted the urge.

I took in my surroundings and suddenly began getting this overwhelming feeling of not fitting in. The women were beautiful in their elegant dresses, far surpassing the look of mine, and the men were so handsome in their suit and ties. I nervously looked down at my dress thinking I should have worn something else.

Callum's deep velvet voice brought me back to his eyes, "You look beautiful Lena".

I asked nervously, while smoothing out my dress with my hands, "You don't think I look under dressed?"

Callum said sternly, "Lena, look at me.."

I brought my head up and looked into his eyes, a tender and warm heartedness became evident across his face, "Don't worry, you look fine."

I smiled at him and got lost in his eyes, there was just something about him. At times he would make me feel so small with his intimidating demeanor and tall stature, but then again feel so safe and warm with his smooth consoling voice and gentle touch.

Someone coughed adverting his eye contact from my own, it was our waiter. "Hello Mr. Parker, glad to see you again. How are you this evening?"

He turned his attention towards me and said, "I am doing wonderful".