part four, No is not an option..

I stare into his eyes as I move a stray strand of hair behind my ear and say hesitantly, "My n-name is Lena". Damn it Lena keep it together he's just a man don't stutter, I thought to myself. His lips curve into a slight smirk, and his deep voice radiates into my chest, "Lena..beautiful name, it suits you" I blush immediately and break eye contact with him. I put my head down staring at my book, but his voice brings me back, "So Lena, I'd like to take you out for dinner tomorrow." I look up at his face and he's completely serious, a straight poker face. I probably looked utterly shocked because, well I was, he was very blunt.

He laughs silently to himself and leans his body towards mine, almost off his chair and whispers, "I won't take no for an answer Ms. Lena, not even a maybe." I close my book and set my feet onto the floor and look at him quizzically, "I'm sorry Mr. Parker but you don't even know me."

He answers back swiftly without hesitation, "That's precisely what this dinner is for Ms. Lena, to get to know you better." I stand up suddenly overwhelmed and say nervously, "I don't know I have a lot to do for work..." He catches me off guard and stands up. I take a step back, his height making me feel really small and weirdly safe, he leans down to me and says softly, "I don't know is not an option either.." I look into his eyes and they fall to my lips before he walks away leaving me to wonder what in the hell just happened.

Before he is out of my sight I hear his deep voice say, as it radiates through the bookstore, "I'll be seeing you again soon Ms. Lena". I watch him walk away, and then he's outside. I admire his tall frame, he wore a white button up and his sleeves were rolled up revealing his large biceps and his tight black dress pants revealed a better butt than my own, and long legs. Right before he steps into the car, he turns towards me and winks, catching me staring at him. I immediately advert my eyes to the floor pretending I didn't just get caught in the act and let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding in since he stood up in front of me.

I placed my book back onto the shelf and gather myself before walking towards the door, but before I can grab the handle, Sara rushes out from one the aisle of books and calls out "Lena, wait" I turn around and head over to her. "That guy who just left told me to give this to you" I looked down at her hand and find myself staring at Callum Parker's business card. I take it from her hand and flip it over, on the back was, I'm guessing his handwriting, an address to a restaurant I never heard of and a time, "Dinner at Le Bernardin. Call me to say yes, I'll pick you up at 7:30 pm". I look up at her and say "Thank you Sara, I'll see you next Saturday" and laugh slightly embarrassed.

I walk as fast as my legs will carry me to tell Mia what had just happened, which isn't all that fast after the fact I ran 3 miles this morning. I grip onto his business card like my life depends on it as I walk into the door, nervous of how Mia might react. I'm not surprised but Mia is already standing in the doorway with her arms crossed, like a mother scolding her child after returning home late one night, "Okay Miss where were you?" I immediately regretted wanting to tell her and I walk around her, saying rather quickly, "I texted you where I was. I went for a run, breakfast, and then the bookstore for a bit.." 

She turns around still looking at me skeptically and continues to ask me questions as I pass by the mirror in the hallway, I groan out loud at the sight of my appearance ignoring Mia. My hair had fallen out of its bun from the run, some of my hairs were now cascading down in front of my face, my cheeks were red from the cold breeze, and my eyes had dark circles under them from the lack of quality sleep I had gotten last night. I muttered under my breath, "Jeez I looked like this in front of Callum Parker while he looked like a greek god at 10 in the morning, I hate my life." Mia gasped behind me and shouted, "I knew it, you were up to something else" she slapped me half heartedly on the shoulder and said "Tell me everything, right now" she then proceeded to drag my body to the couch and throw me onto it, she crossed her legs and rested her chin on her hands, while her elbows supported them.

I sighed heavily knowing full well I could not get out of this one.. I told her everything that had happened, she was holding onto his business card as she squealed, "oh my gosh I cannot believe my best friend is going out with Callum Parker" I looked at her and said, "I wish I felt as excited as you, I'm a nervous wreck just thinking about it.. what am I going to wear? should I even go? If I call him, what should I say?" I became a blabbering idiot, with so many unanswered questions swimming in my overthinking head. Mia blurted out quickly, "Of course you're going, this is what every woman in Manhattan has dreamed of, and plus I heard that restaurant has really good dessert so you'll have to bring me back some." she gave me an innocent smile as she got up and skipped away back to her room. I laid back onto the couch dramatically, while putting my hands over my face, not knowing what I was going to do..