part twelve (3), home.

"What the hell Cal?"

I looked around the restaurant, hoping people didn't notice. I whispered to him,

"What are you doing here?"

His face looked mad and heartbroken. His voice was stern and sharp, cutting me straight in the chest,

"You left me with no choice, now talk to me"

Already overwhelmed and frustrated, I rushed my hands through my hair, leaned my elbows on the table and sighed heavily,

"Can we please do this another time..?"

Cal just stares at me, still looking mad as hell. I then said harshly,

"Like when I'm back in Manhattan"

He looked taken back as his eyes got wide for a split second. His demeanor changed, his eyes soften and he looked like that sad puppy again when I called him Callum in the bathroom when he interrupted my lunch with Tyler. My heart ached as he started walking away... I grabbed his hand. The warmth of his skin spreads up the length of my forearm.

I looked into his eyes,

"Look, I'm sorry, but I just need some time. I'm with my family and you need to respect that."

He nodded agreeing with me,

"I'm staying at a hotel near by, please meet me there tonight. I'm not going back to Manhattan without talking to you first"

I'm shocked, he took off work, followed me home, and booked a hotel.

I said softly, barely audible,

"okay"

He gave me a nod, and pulled his hand from mine. I frowned, missing the warmth of his skin against mine. I then noticed Cal's attention was elsewhere, at someone behind me. I turned around and my mother was standing there, looking between Cal and I.

Cal walked around me and said politely and confidently,

"Hello, you must be Lena's mother. I'm Callum Parker."

He then put his hand out in front of him for her to shake, she smiled broadly and took his hand in hers,

"Hello Cal, I'm Linda. Nice to meet you young man, I've heard a lot about you."

She said the last remark while peered over his shoulder at me with a smile. Cal turned around at me with a grin, I blushed immediately.

Cal returned his attention towards my mother,

"You must be an exceptional woman to have raised such an amazing daughter Mrs. Darling"

My mother smiled genuinely,

"Oh you are too kind, please call me Linda. Will you be joining us for drinks?"

"I'm actually off to my hotel, but I hope you don't mind if I steal your daughter away later this evening?"

My mother shook her head,

"Not at all."

My mother and I took our seats at our table and Cal excused himself,

"Ladies.. enjoy your afternoon"

My mother nodded, thanking him. Cal brought my hand to his lips and kissed my knuckles,

"Lena.."

I blushed and said goodbye as Cal exited out the door and headed across the street. I couldn't take my eyes off of him as I watched him walk away. He looked so out of place, he wore his normal attire of a form fitting suit and dress shoes, catching stares from everyone on the street as he passed by.