part ten, his money.

Cal continues to drive me back to my apartment. He slows to a stop in front of my building, puts his car in park and looks towards me, just staring. I look into his dark brown eyes, while he's searching mine, probably still wondering if I'm okay. I answer his troubling thoughts,

"I'm okay Cal.."

He smiles, a small one, still hesitant,

"We're okay Cal"

And with that I place my hand on top of his right one that's resting on the gear shift between us, giving him a smile. He smiles softly, his eyes warming up. 

"Her name is Georgina"

I furrow my brow, looking at him puzzled. Then come to a realization,

"..the girl on the elevator"

I say just above a whisper. I take my hand off his and lower my head towards my lap, as my fingers fidget in my lap.

Cal continues, while I stay quiet, just listening,

"She's a family friend, her father worked alongside mine while overseas establishing some foreign connections for the company. My father, Callum Parker Sr, owned Parker Inc., but passed it onto me once I displayed the work ethic and determination that one needs to run their own business. Georgina's father, Roland Fitzgerald, worked alongside my father as his executive right hand man. We would go out to dinners and events for the company, and that's how I met Georgina. Her and I became an on and off fling for a while, but I haven't spoken to her since meeting you Lena.."

He turns to look at me, an apologetic expression etched across his face. I nodded slightly towards him, wanting him to continue.

"..When my father passed along the company to me at the young age of 25, which was two years ago, Mr. Fitzgerald was, as you can imagine, very resentful towards my father. They worked alongside each other since the very beginning, a good 20 years."

I found my voice,

"Where is Mr. Fitzgerald now?"

"He still works for Parker Inc. but he isn't my executive assistant. He handles my foreign affairs, but I secretly believe he's trying to take my position. He's a good man, but his greed is going to put him into a bad situation one day."

I nod to myself, trying to soak up all the information, but I was really enjoying Cal trying to be more open about his life. He places his hand on my left thigh, bring my attention towards him, stopping my thoughts completely. 

He is staring me right in the eyes,

"Lena.. I know what the tabloids say about me. Before owning the company I was a snotty rich little boy who only wanted to relish in the life of money and women. I am not proud of who I was back then. I'll admit I've slept around with women with zero interest of committing to any of them, but since becoming the new face of Parker Inc. I have an image I need to maintain, while also bringing honor to the Parker name..."

He takes my hands in both of his, clutching them tightly on his lap,

"...But I promise you Lena, I am trying to change now, and as strange as it is for me to admit, I think you'll be the one to help me. I never want to put you into a situation that'll make you disapprove of me. I want to prove myself to you, because you deserve the world. I could show you all the world has to offer, there's so much out there for you Lena. I want you to experience it all."

My heart softened at his words,

I leaned over and grabbed him behind his neck with both hands, as I brought his mouth to mine, I felt Cal smile. I relaxed immediately, stress almost weightlessly floating into the air, leaving my body. I smiled into the kiss and pulled my lips away from his.