part seven (1), headlines read Mystery Girl.

I broke out of my daze and headed towards the elevator back up to my apartment. As the doors closed I leaned back against the wall and sighed, a smile growing bigger on my face.
I put my fingers to my lips, I could still feel his against mine, leaving a slight tingling feeling behind.

As I reached my door I slipped off my heals, hung up my coat and tip toed through, trying to not make any noise to wake up Mia. To my relief I could tell she was already in bed by the looks of the empty apartment and her door to her room was shut. I went into the kitchen and poured myself a glass of water. I then changed out of my dress, put on a t-shirt and sweatpants, and sighed heavily with overwhelming comfort. I brushed my teeth, took out my contacts, and curled up in bed. My body physically relaxed and sleep slowly washed over me.

My alarm woke me up at 6:00 am, and for the first time in a while my body got a full nights rest of interrupted sleep. I headed towards my closet and picked out my work clothes for the day. I decided on a long dark grey cardigan, a loose white lace camisole, a pair of black jeans, and some grey/brown booties. I styled my hair in lose waves emphasizing my natural wave and applied minimal make up. After brushing my teeth I headed to the kitchen to grab a quick breakfast of just a banana and a granola bar, because I had a lot to do at work and no time to head to the bookstore this morning.

I was confused as to how quiet it was in the apartment. I searched for Mia, normally at this hour she's up and running around, I became slightly worried. I grabbed my breakfast and shoved it in my purse and headed for her bedroom to make sure she wasn't over sleeping. I peeked into her room and her bed was made and there was no sign of her. I made my way towards the front door and as I was typing her a message on my phone I noticed a post it note on the front door, it read,

"Don't worry, I'm safe ha.."

My body physically relaxes,

"... Had to go into work early. I have a coffee waiting for you :) -Mia"

I smiled at the note and grabbed it off the door, shoving it in my purse and making my way downstairs and outside to work.

I made it up to my floor of the building and was heading towards my desk. Mia was typing something on her computer while highlighting a submission, her back was towards me. As I walked passed she held out her right arm, and my coffee was placed in her hand. I smiled and said,

"Thank you Mia, you're the best"

And took the coffee towards my desk, I chuckled to myself when I heard Mia's response,

"I honestly don't know what you'd do without me Lena"

I sat down and got straight to work. My boss usually leaves a pile of submissions on our desk every morning before we arrive to accomplish for the day. The piles have been getting quite extensive over the past week, and today I don't think I have ever seen this many. I sighed heavily and dug right in, I had well over 25 submissions to finish by the end of the work day. If you don't finish all of them during the day, you're welcome to take them home, but they will roll over into the next work day. Normally I just try to get them all done, even if it means staying until late at night.

I was typing up my weekly schedule and goal sheet when I noticed 2 notifications pop up on my email. I clicked on the mail icon and noticed I had 2 unread emails, one from @Miagrace37 and one from @CallumParkerInc . I opened Mia's email, not wanting to read what Callum had to say just yet. I laughed out loud while reading it,

"Dear Ms. Lena, I am happy to see your lovely face this morning and even though I am less than 10 feet from you I know we are both swamped with work so an email will suffice. I was meaning to tell you that Tyler wanted to meet up for dinner/drinks at O'Hara's tonight at 7 after work. Love you xo Ps. You'll just have to tell me about your date then. - Mia"