Chapter 19: Cheers!

The Friday quickly approached and the house was buzzing in excitement. The girls gossiping about their hair and dresses while the men talk about the food and who was going to be there.

Ezra quickly entered the kitchen to find everyone there with lunch which consisted of sandwiches. He scrunched his nose at the thought of eating before turning around, trying not to be seen as he knew what was bound to happen.
As Hera saw a flash a flash of blue, she smirked an evil expression and said devilishly, "Ezraaa, where do you think your going? Hummm??"
Everyone cringed at her expression before looking to the faltering boy.
"Ummm, to my room. Yeah to my room."
"Oh yeah? And what did you eat?" He glances down with sadness in his eyes before putting his hand on the archway. He looked up at her as his hair fell into his tan face, "Nothing"
Hera's face wobbled before gaining composure. She reached into the island sink and pulled out a hidden bowl of broth.
"You finish half, at least half, then you can leave." His expression brightened slightly before pulling a tight smile over his pearly whites. Slow steps made towards them before he took the bowl.
The family watched him gulp down the liquid before continuing on with their own food.
As quickly as he came, Ezra stood up and started his walk out before he could be stopped. Just as he thought he was roombound, he was stopped by a single, question.
"Ezzy, why don't you stop running and rely on some people other than yourself?"
The group glanced at the spoken person with furrowed brows.
"Don't forget about what I said in the kitchen that one day. I chose wrong and ran from... well everything. So why should I put people into a battle they shouldn't or can't have something to do with it."
And with that he left in silence as a sigh escaped from a multicolored person.

That night of Friday, everyone waited at the front door, waiting one a certain someone. Kanan quickly yelled for him to hurry up and just like that, they could hear the boys grumbling and footsteps. They watched shocked as he started down to steps leading to them, his shoes click clacking.
Dressed up in a clean, ironed black suit, a tie was down up at his neck where his hair was settled in soft waves. Half pulled back in a sloppy bun, his blue hair flowed freely in front of his clear face which held a small smile.
He stopped at the bottom and ran his hands down the front, looking at the black tight pants and polished shoes. He grimaced at the feeling up the material and said, "Man, I feel ridiculous. Should I change?"
Seeing the look on everyone's face, he chuckled, "Do I look that bad?"
They immediately shook their heads.
Ezra chuckled once again before looking at everyone else.
Kanan looked the same as his hair was still pulled back and in the same suit except he wore slacks. Zeb in the same attire but what caught his attention were the girls.
Sabine who dressed to fight her own personality, was decked out in all the colors in a simple floor length dress with a jeweled sweetheart neckline but Hera looked just as amazing in her white baggy jumper. The fabric draped to form pockets as well at her shoulders, her hair simply curled.
He wolf whistled, "Wow, the girls sure did good. They look beautiful."
Hera and Sabine immediately smile at the compliment before walking out the door to the grey Land Rover that was previously pulled out to the front. Everyone sat in their respective places as they pulled out of the driveway and onto the curvy road.
Silence ran out through the car before Zeb glanced back at the calm kid who had his hands behind his head and legs crossed in front of him.
"So Kit, ya kno' who's goin' ta be there?" Ezra nodded in reply, "Yeah actually I know a lot of them. There's going to be Rex who you should talk to if you still want to be a soldier. He's the one who helped me walk again. Then there's Anakin and his wife Padmé and they should be familiar as I told y'all they were adopting Luke and Leia who will also be there. Then there's Obi-Wan who Zeb should know. He was an ex member of the force. Some of my childhood friends will be there who will not be talking to me and then there's the owner of the manor, Bail Organa. He was an old friend of my parents. And then there's other regular police officers."
The others were surprised he knew that many people who were coming before quickly covering it up.