The Food Thief

The team was chilling on the couch watching some television when Wally zoomed in, looking a bit distressed. He was breathing heavily and his forehead was glistening with sweat.

"What's up Wally?" Artemis asked, pausing the movie.

"Who...stole...all the...food?" Wally said in between huge gulps of air.

"Um...are you feeling okay?" M'gann said, furrowing her brows.

"No! Someone took all of the food!" The speedster said loudly.

"All of it? Even the baking ingredients and condiments?" Kaldur stood up and made his way to the kitchen, the rest of the team close behind.

Sure enough, the kitchen was missing all of it's edible items. The dried pasta was gone, the flour, and the ketchup and mustard was no where to be seen.

"See, I told you!" Wally whined. "Ugh, I need to go out to get some food! I'm dying!"

"Hold up." Robin was inspecting the outside of the fridge, earning a few weird looks from the others. "We should look for clues. Maybe we can figure out who took all of the food."

"Or we could go buy some more." Conner was not interested in spending the day looking for missing ketchup bottles.

Artemis sighed in annoyance, then turned to the red head.

"How do we know this isn't just one of Wally's pranks? He was the last one in here."

Wally gasped dramatically, putting a hand on his chest and giving Arty a look that said 'oh no she didn't!' "I would never! I wouldn't bother stealing the food! I'd just eat it then brag about how much I just downed!"

The blonde archer rolled her eyes.

"Let's not fight. I agree with Robin, we should look for clues." Megan began inspecting the counters.

"You guys look ridiculous." Conner stated before leaving the room.

Since there wasn't much else to do, the remaining team members began investigating, looking for fingerprints or anything else that could help them. After an hour Artemis gave up, claiming that she was bored. Kaldur was next to quit, and eventually M'gann. Robin thought the whole predicament was rather humorous, and didn't put a ton of effort into finding this so called 'food thief'. He did have an idea of who it was though, and he believed it was someone in their group. He spent the next week trying to figure it out until he finally made a break through.

"Attention everyone!" Robin said stepping in front of the tv screen.

"What is it this time?" Conner groaned.

"I found the food thief!"

The team glanced at each other nervously, wondering who it was.

"It's Superboy." Robin smirked.

"What?" Conner asked, confused.

"Just own it supey." The Boy Wonder said.

Wally burst out in laughter, to the point where he was clutching his stomach.

"Oh man! I got you guys good!" He chuckled. "It was totally me. All of the stuff is hid in my room back in Central!"

"Dude, what the he-" Robin began, but paused when Kaldur shot him a death glare. "Heck, what the heck. I spent a week in that kitchen!"

"I'm sorry, but it was worth the looks on your faces!"

"I want to punch him right now..." Artemis mumbled.

In the end, every thing was brought back and all was forgiven, but they certainly had a funny story to look back on.

(A/N) What is up everyone? Thanks for reading my first chapter. It's not super good, but practice makes perfect! 559 words!