Two Seconds

"Robin, look out!" M'gann cried out, hoping she could warn the Boy Wonder before the support beam fell on him.

Robin glanced up then began to move forward, but by then the unstable beam fell, landing on his back. His head hit the floor when he landed on the ground and he was left unconscious.

)|(
(New line break style)

Beep

Beep

Beep

The steady heart monitor continued its rhythm, telling everyone that Robin was alive. Batman was sitting next to his ward, watching him sleep. After the beam fell on him YJ alerted Batman. Conner managed to get the heavy piece of steel off of him, and Wally brought him to the Med bay. An X-ray showed them that he had a fractured spine. 

Robins eyes opened slowly, taking in his surroundings.

"Hey, Dick," Batman said.

"Bruce? What happened?"

"When you were leaving the building an unstable support beam fell on you. Your spine is fractured. It could've been worse. It didn't land on your head."

"Bruce?" Robin said, looking at his mentor with fear in his eyes. "I can't feel my legs." 

)|(

Two seconds is all it takes for your life to be ruined. Two seconds is all it takes for the world to seem like the cruelest place you've ever been. Two seconds is all it takes to have everything be taken from you. Only two seconds. Richard Grayson learned this the hard way. After a failed mission on August 25, 2014, after a spinal fracture, Dick was paralyzed from the waist down. Nothing would ever be the same again. In that moment, he retired from the hero business. In that moment he lost his ability to continue on as Robin, the Boy Wonder. He lost it all in two seconds. Confined to a wheel chair is how he'd live the rest of his life, unable to do what he took pleasure in. And all it took were those two seconds.

(A/N) This one's really short, but I think it turned out okay. I'm not good at writing stuff with a lot of emotion as you can tell. Anyway, thanks for the 150+ reads. Someone is actually is reading this crap. Wow. I really love to update this so I'll continue to do so. See ya'll in my next update!