A Fateful Walk (Part 2 FINALE)

(A/N) Well here we are once again with this one-shot book that is probably boring. Here's your part 2 peeps.

Damian POV

I furrowed my eyebrows as Pennyworth drove me to school. Yeah, school. Father decided that I should learn to socialize. As if. I believed that I had good social skills and didn't need anymore. He chided me and told me that knowing how to stab people isn't social skills. So there I was, dressed in a constricting grey uniform, headed to Gotham Academy.

"I don't see the point in this." I grumbled, gazing out the window.

"Well Master Damian here we are." Pennyworth said, glancing back at me. 

I climbed out of the car and threw my bag over my shoulder. The school was full of snobby rich kids. I could tell by the smell alone. The scent of perfume was thick in the air, making my stomach churn uncomfortably. I went to the office to retrieve my schedule, but apparently they had someone to show me around too. I made no effort to hide my annoyance. 

"Ember Creed please come to the office.

I tapped my foot, hoping this person was absent, but of course they weren't. A girl with auburn hair stepped into the room, her bluish green eyes fluttering around almost anxiously. I knew her. She was that girl from a year ago! 

"Hi Mr. Marlow!" She said cheerfully. 

She didn't even seem like the same person. 

"Hello there Miss Creed. This is Damian. Would you show him around the building?" Mr. Marlow placed his hand on my back, pushing me towards the girl, much to my displeasure.

"Of course!" She grinned, then led me out of the room.

"I know you!" I said, shoving my hands in my pocket. 

She raised her eyebrow at me. "Oh do you? What was your name? Damian? Yeah I remember you. You're the jerkwad that made me climb out your window."

Ember POV

I wasn't sure how to feel about seeing him again. Angry? Happy? Curious? All of those? I hated my emotions sometimes. They just can't make up their mind! I glanced at the boy that was walking beside me. His eyes were captivating. 

"This is your homeroom." I gestured to the door on our left.

He clicked his tongue. Must be a habit of his. I didn't want to deal with any of this. 

"So what happened to you after you left?" He asked me.

"Well..." I paused for a moment, choosing my words wisely. "I began to remember things about my past. My memory loss was temporary."

We were silent for a moment when the intercom announced a lock down and that it wasn't a drill. It wasn't a drill. I could tell from Mr. Marlow's voice alone. Damian glanced at me quickly, then grabbed my wrist and dragged me into an empty classroom. My heart was racing as he locked the door and pulled me to the corner. We were quiet, listening for any movement outside of the room. I was honestly glad I wasn't alone, even if I was stuck with this jerk.

"Stay here. I'll be back." He stood up but I grabbed him quickly.

"Stay!" I said in a hushed voice. 

Damian scowled at me but I didn't care. As long as I didn't have to be alone. A moment later there were sounds of gunshot down the hallway. I tensed up and wished I wasn't there.

"I'm going out there." Damian got to the door before I could stop him. 

My heart was pounding in my chest so hard it hurt. More gunshot rang through the air. Yelling. Running footsteps. Thump. The sound of something large hitting the ground. Silence. Deathly silence. The door began to open just a crack and I tried to silence my breathing. It opened further. Further. A man in a black shirt stepped in, a gun clutched tightly in his left hand and a knife in his right. The knife was bloody. Oh god. He looked at me with a strange glow in his eyes. There was a loud clang and he collapsed. Damian stood with a baseball bat in his hand. Relief washed over me until I saw the blood seeping through his clothes. He dropped the bat and pushed his back against the wall, drawing in a shaky breath.

"Don't just sit there Creed, get some help!" He said, closing his eyes tightly. 

Damian POV 

Ember scrambled to her feet then ran from the room. I groaned and removed my jacket. I hated stab wounds. I hated them more than gunshot wounds. Yeah. You know you've been working as a superhero in Gotham if you have a preference between the two. I sank to the ground and forced myself to breath evenly. 

In

Out 

In 

Out

 I sat there for a  while until Ember returned. My vision was a bit fuzzy but I could see the worry in her eyes.

"Damian! Hey! The ambulance is on the way." She said.

"Do you have to be so loud?" I whined. 

I didn't know it then, but Ember and I would be extremely close for years to come. And it was all thanks to that fateful walk.

(A/N) Well that's the end! I hope ya liked it. Stay tuned for a week or so, for the next update! 

WENDYTHEMINIDRAGON is OUT!