Chapter 11 - Confessions

Hey guys! I just wanted to apologise for how behind I have been with this update. I have been SO busy the last couple of weeks and had hardly any time to do anything else but work. Thankfully, it's quietened back down now, so I can focus on my writing again!

Thanks for your patience and for sticking with this story even though I'm a terrible person 
-_-

I love you!!

Gennie xx

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CHAPTER 11

I slowly stood up, still unsure as to whether the searing pain in my head was gone completely. I looked all around me, completely in awe at what I just saw.

Leonardo also got up and mimicked my actions. The look we shared told me that it wasn't just my imagination that had concocted everything, and that it was quite real. He had seen it too.

Kelly seemed to be completely fine. He was still standing on the sand with his arms stretched out and his head tipped back, until he finally exited out of his trance-like state.

"My crew have been taken care of," he said in his deep voice. "We'll be on our way again today. Until then, we need to watch out backs. We're not out of the danger zone yet."

So we all sat back down silently. Leonardo and I were still in disbelief, while Kelly seemed to be in his own world completely.

And we all watched as the breeze slowly but surely carried Kelly's ship through the waves towards us.

***

Once the ship was close enough, we all swam out in the warm water to meet it. As we approached, a ladder was dropped down and we each climbed up the tall side of the ship until we reached the deck once again.

It really was like a ghost ship. As I climbed up onto the deck, I saw the bodies of various members of the crew. It can't have been another battle because none of the bodies had marks on them and there was no blood. But as I looked more closely at the men, I could see that they were still breathing.

A cold breeze encompassed me despite the blazing hot sun.

What happened?

"Quickly, grab the wheel and turn us around," Kelly barked out.

I looked back towards the beach as dozens of the scary natives came out from the shelter of the forest and into the open. They were running towards us, some already in the water swimming to our ship.

I remembered the ladder that we had used to climb up and quickly grabbed it and began pulling it back up. They would never be able to enter the ship without it.

The ship groaned as Leonardo spun the wheel around and the sails rippled as they finally caught the breeze and began pulling us back out into the blue yonder.

Amongst the mysteriously unconscious men on the floor of our ship, I spotted Vaughn.

He was collapsed against the side of the ship not far from where I was standing. An empty tankard was rolling around on the floor next to him with the contents spilled in a puddle around him.

Wasting no time, I ran over to the scraggly man and hoisted him up under his arms, using the side of the ship to help, hoping that he was really unconscious and not likely to wake up just yet. Down in the water beside the ship, I could hear the natives shouting and banging against the wood.

I pushed him with all my might up onto the side and teetered him on the edge. I was about to let go when his eyes snapped open and immediate horror flashed over his face. "G-ghost," he stuttered.