XIII

You made it to work a little earlier than you had hoped. Beth wasn't even there yet- and she's always early. You felt your eyelids become heavy as you yawn, trying to rid your body of the lack of sleep. The cold atmosphere made you shiver. The silence was deafening, the only audible sound being the small pounds of your feet on the still-awful tiled floor.

You drag your tired frame up the stairs, only thinking once about skipping the day and going home. You weren't exactly up-for a boring day in Bettleman's office. He even told you that you'd be in charge of re-organizing his files while he accompanied Grayson to his hearing.

You obviously weren't equipped enough for one-on-one sessions yet.

You walk through the hall of the first floor, admiring the intricate patterns of the floor. Not only was it white and black tiled, but it was marbled. The grey cracks caught your attention as you trudged through the elongated aisle.

You head up the third floor stairs, seeing Dr. Bettleman standing there, checking his phone. "Good morning, Dirk" you smile, noticing he was just checking the time. He wore a black suit, his white button up held a striped dark blue and white tie. He looks up at you, a sigh of relief leaving his lips.

"Thank God, I thought I'd have to leave without you."

"What?"

He gives you a look, probably expecting you to know what the hell he was talking about. "The trial?" He says.

"Wh- but you told me I wouldn't be going."

He rubs his temples with his hand, probably realizing you wee right. "Oh, yes. I guess I did" he sighs once again, checking the time on his watch.

"Well, you can't give evidence wearing that so you may have to sit in the observer's area. Is that alright with you?" You felt your throat tighten. The warm coffee in your hand suddenly felt cold.

"I-i'm-"

Breath, Y/n.

You take a deep breath, "yes. That is alright with me" you answer, feeling him tug on your arm as he escorts you back down to the lobby. He pulls out his set of keys when you reach the second floor, the same keys used to get into the elevator.

We don't have to go up there, do we?
Grayson is dangerous. Out of his mind.

He notices your panic and places a consoling hand on your arm, "don't worry. He is fully detained for travel".

Yeah, like that's comforting.

Images of Grayson choking guards to death with his chains float through your mind, sending chills throughout your body.

You walk side-by-side with Bettleman, all the way down to the lobby. Beth still wasn't present. You wondered why she'd come in late, but you figure she's just taking her sweet Time. You follow Bettleman to the elevator, dreading what was to come when you got off of it, six floors up.

Grayson's POV

After showering, Carl made me dress in the jumpsuit. The way it fit always made me uncomfortable. The tight crotch area was the most uncomfortable.

"Only reason you'd have an issue with that is if Miss Perfect comes along" he says.

"She's not coming" I say in a quiet whisper, aware that Carl could hear everything I say as he stands outside my cell. I was awaiting Bettleman's appearance. Apparently I don't go anywhere without him. Gives me a chance to apologize for-

"You don't apologize for trying to kill someone who deserves it."

I didn't agree with that. No one deserves to be killed. Except people like Folley. That bastard needs to be offed.

Bettleman doesn't deserve it. He's a nice man. Y/n doesn't deserve it either. She's so kind and innocent.

I smile at the thought of her. Her y/h/c hair let down around her shoulders. Her beautiful y/e/c eyes that leave me in a puddle of lust. She's so perfect it hurts.

"Dolan" Carl says, catching my attention. I stand, taking small steps from my bed to the door, due to the chains and shackles on my ankles. Carl unlocks my cell and opens the door, signaling for me to step out into the hall. As soon as I do, I look to me right and see Bettleman coming from the guard room. Along with-

"Miss Perfect. So she is coming" he chuckles darkly in the confines of my mind.

I get lost in her eyes and just like I said, lust takes over.

Doing your business while anyone can hear you isn't exactly an easy task, so I try my best not to think of her... sometimes I lose that battle. "All set?" Bettleman asks me. I glance at him, nodding my head. Y/n radiates the feeling of anticipation and nervousness. Possibly because I scared her yesterday. Or because she has to be in the same van as me. Either way, I hope I didn't scar her too much.

She bites her lip, trying her hardest not to look at me. She keeps her eye contact on whoever is talking. Currently, it's Carl.

"Just got word that your van is out front. Rodriguez and Marks are out there to help you transfer this guy" he states, guiding me through the hall. Bettleman and Y/n walk ahead of us, she was directly in front of me. Her hips swing from side to side, making the crotch area of this jumpsuit become tight.

Oh, not now. Those damn hips.

The big door opens, revealing the guard room. The familiar stench of take-out and cigars fills the space. Bettleman presses the button by the elevator, cracking a small smile at Y/n, as if to calm her down. It doesn't help.

Traveling with a murderer isn't exactly a calming thought, but I couldn't blame her. The elevator opens, Carl pushes me inside and Y/n is escorted ahead of Bettleman. She stands beside me, keeping to herself very tightly. Her tense body didn't dare touch mine.

"Going down" Carl says with a slight laugh, relieving Y/n's tension a bit but not by much. The doors close and we're being brought down. I sneak a glimpse at Y/n, seeing down her shirt slightly. My cheeks burn from desire as well as embarassment. She turns to look at me, catching me in the act.

She absentmindedly smirks at me and then looks away, probably forgetting for a moment that she hates me. I take a step to my right, getting closer to her, nudging her arm with mine. She looks back at me and I lean down, whispering in her ear- just loud enough for her to hear, "I can see your bra through your T-shirt." She coughs awkwardly, crossing her arms over her chest. It was now her turn to blush. Carl looks back, making sure she's alright. She just shoots him a convincing smile and he looks straight ahead again.

I step back to the left, in my original position, just as the elevator comes to a halt. The door opens and we all step out, heading to the front doors. This was my favorite part about transportation. I get to see real Sunlight, trees, birds. I get to breathe fresh air.

As soon as the door opens, the bright light beats down on us four, causing me to squint my eyes. Y/n put her hand up, blocking the light from her sensitive, yet beautiful orbs.

Hopefully she won't avoid me all day. I'd love to have an actual conversation with her at some point. Just to let her know...

I'm not as crazy as I seem.

Word Count: 1290