XXXI

Your POV

"The baby is fine" Bettleman tells everyone.

You visibly see Grayson's chest fall in relief as he lets out a deep breath he was surely holding in. "C-can i see her?"

Beth's eyes were pleading for Grayson to stop speaking. Bettleman's neice just just during birth and the father of her baby is mental and in love with someone else. But he wants to see his daughter.

"You can head over as soon as you leave here, kid" Bettleman tells him.

The two walk to eachother and hug, letting out their differences in the embrace. "I'll miss ya" Dirk admits to Grayson.

You turn around to look at some random papers on Beth's desk, knowing you're not supposed to have a relationship with Grayson... but now that Katrina isn't in the picture, where does that leave you?

"Can i speak with you outside?" Bettleman asks Grayson. You felt your stomach drop in nervousness. You look back at them and the two are headed out the door, Grayson's dufflebag slung over his shoulder.

You were going to miss seeing him around here. But you would see him plenty outside of work. Hopefully.

Grayson's POV

Bettleman escorted me out of the building and i instantly felt free. The hot, dry Nevada air washed over me and i felt amazing.

"Feels nice, doesn't it?"

I nod and look at him, squinting my eyes because it was insanely bright out here. Two years inside a dark ass building and cell makes a difference. "It may take a day or two for your eyes to adjust, but you'll be just fine..." he warns, making sure i was content. "With Katrina gone," he starts, catching my attention immediately, "you will need someone to help you look after Bailey."

I subconsciously lick my lips and my breathing becomes faster. My heart rate speeds as well as he says exactly what i've been waiting to hear. "There would be no one else i'd rather see you with than Y/n."

I drop my bag on the rocky parking lot ground and pull him in for the tightest hug ever. "Thank you so much" i breathe out, feeling extra blessed for this moment right now. I got out of that hell hole and i get the girl of my dreams. Things are looking up.

The familiar sound of gravel crunching under tires echoes from the entrance and i see a sleek black BMW, my brother behind the wheel.

"Ethan" i say, smiling bright when he cuts the engine and gets out of the car.

"How does it feel, man?"

I shake my head and hug him, thankful that he never left my side. I'd be a fucking mess, "it feels great."

Bettleman speaks up, "i will leave you to it. Good luck, Grayson" with that, he heads bsck inside the institution and Y/n comes out. Her face looked worried.

"What did he say to you" is the first thing she asks when she reaches Ethan and i.

"He said there was no one else he'd rather see me with than you" i tell her truthfully. Her eyes lit up like a damn Christmas tree.

"No way" she shrieks. She jumps into my arms, wrapping her legs around my waist.

There was no way i was letting this girl go anywhere. I love her so much. "That's great and all, guys, but i have work soon" Ethan cuts in.

Y/n places her feet back on the ground and turns to Ethan, "awe, you ruiner." I laugh at her insult and kiss her cheek quickly.

"I'll see you tonight, right?"

She smiles and bites her lip, driving me insane, "of course. Now go get your baby" she encourages me, pushing me to the car.

"I love you" i say to her.

"I love you too, Dolan."

Your POV

You retrieved Ethan's number from Gray's old file and got Gray's number from him.

You sat in the office for the rest of your shift, happily texting Grayson as he sent you pictures of his beautiful baby girl. Bailey was the cutest baby you'd ever seen.

She had Grayson's eyes and hair. You were silently thankful that she looked nothing like her mother. Bettleman was at his own desk, sorting files as he always did.

"I have a new patient coming in soon, so when there's a knock, could you get it" he asks you.

You nod your head, "yeah of course."

It was barely five minutes until just that had happened. Three knocks erupted from the other side of the door and you stood from your chair, unaware that this would be an eventful meeting.

You pull the door open and see Carl with a young blonde guy, a lip piercing resting in his bottom lip. "Hey, Carl" you greet.

"Hello Y/n. This is Lucas" he introduces.

The guy rolls his eyes and clenches his teeth, "Luke."

"Well, hi Luke. I'm Y/n" you say cheerfully, knowing he doesn't want to be here. You were excited to know why he was.

"I gathered" he spits sarcastically, walking passed you to Bettleman's desk. "What is this, counseling?"

You widen your eyes and thank Carl, closing the door before you head back to your desk.

You hear Bettleman laugh in Luke's face, "as a matter of fact, yes. It is. You, my friend, really need it."

"We're not friends" Luke seethes.

Why is he so angry?

"Neither were the people you kept in your basement" Bettleman said lowly. You felt your stomach twist in disgust. However, you were in love with a murderer...

"Shut the fuck up" Luke yells, his cuffed hands rattling. "You don't know shit about me!"

You watch intently as Luke threw a fit in the chair across from Bettleman. This first session was usually the way to find put what floor he'd be on. That's what Bettleman told you before. He said he could usually tell within the first few minutes, and by the smirk he had, you already knew he had chosen.

"Carl" Bettleman raises his voice as he calls.

In no time, the door swings open and Carl emerges, "yes?"

Bettleman's wicked smirk was still directed to Luke as he spoke, "please take this young man to Dolan's cell, would you?"

You felt a small laugh creeping up your vocal cords, but you supress it.

Carl nods and makes Luke stand, pulling him out the door and presumably down the stairs to the elevator.

"What a dumb kid." Bettleman breathes out, standing to his feet. He grabs his stuff and turns to you, "you may leave. Go see Grayson" he says with a smile.

You tuck your phone and keys into your pocket and walk to him, hugging him lightly, "thank you so much."

He hugs you back and pats your head softly, "anytime kiddo."

You head directly out the door, right down the stairs, out the other door and into your car. You whip out your phone and type '111 Cherry Lane' into your maps.

You click in your seatbelt and take a deep breath, "here i come, Gray" you whisper.

Word Count: 1190

O N E PART LEFT