XX

"You did what?" Stella whisper yells at you, her face in a scowl.

You had just spilled the beans about almost hooking up with Grayson in his cell. She was speechless up until that point in the story.

"Shh" you try to silence her, knowing people were looking your way. "We just made out a little."

"I can't believe you would do that, Y/n. He's-"

"He's what, Stel? You don't even know him."

"What, and you do?" She fights back. You knew she was just looking out for you, but it seemed to be judgemental more than helpful.

"I do. He's not as crazy as everyone thinks" you side with Grayson as you sip your drink. She was slightly correct. You didn't know everything about Grayson, no. But you knew the important stuff.

Stella scoffs. Her straight blonde hair moved as she did so. "Yeah... Cause that's why he's institutionalized. He isn't crazy."

"You know what, Stella? This is why i didn't want to tell you." You say, grabbing your keys and your wallet.

She sighs and grabs your hand, urging you to stop. Her insurgent blue eyes were silently begging you to stay. "I'm sorry. Please don't leave. I miss my bestie" she pleads, grabbing onto your wrist with her other hand.

"Fine, ya little bitch" you laugh, obviously joking. She knew you were joking. It was the type of friendship that has been strong since day one. Day one being the first day of third grade when you met her.

"Is he at least attractive?" She asks as you settle back into your seat.

You tilt your head back with a smile, "girl. Yes. He's like a fucking-" you look back at Stella and freeze when your words are cut off by someone else beginning to speak.

"I sure hope you're talking about me."

You look to your left, seeing Jack standing with a smile on his face. It must've been his day off too, because he wasn't in uniform.

He glances at Stella, "hi, I'm Jack. I work at the hospital with Y/n" he says while his large dimples invade your line of vision.

"Hi, i'm Stella" she says with a small giggle at the end. Jack was one-hundred percent her type. The hair, the eyes, the dimples, he's perfect for her.

"Would you two care if i joined?" He asks, looking directly at Stella.

This was your cue to get out of the awkward situation with Stella, "actually" you say, grabbing your keys, drink, and phone.

They both look at you. Stella had wide eyes as if to say 'bitch don't you dare leave me here'.

You send her back an apologetic look as you speak, "i should get going. I have someone to catch up with" you lie, standing up. "It was nice seeing you, Jack."

He smiles and waves as you walk away, giving Stella a thumbs-up. She gave you the hardest glare you've ever received in your life as you leave the café. Your car was parked at the end of the parking lot, the light blue paint standing out against the others. It wasn't a fancy car, but it got the job done.

As you reach your car door, you hear another car pull into the parking lot. The small loose graveled rocks crunch under the tires as it slows to a stop behind your car. The window goes down and you hear a voice,"didn't think i'd see you again" he says.

You turn around, surprised that Ethan even remembered you. "Uh, hi Ethan. What's going on?" You take a few steps toward his car, reaching the driver's side window.