XXVI

Your POV

"What?" You manage to ask, knowing damn well what he was referring to.

"Come on, baby. Right now is the perfect time" he whispers, connecting his lips with your neck. His kisses were so soft against the sensitive skin. He kitten licks your sweet spot, earning a low moan.

"No" you say, pushing him away.

His thick eyebrows furrow, causing a crease between them, "baby what's wrong?"

"I can't do this." You say, replaying Bettleman's words in your head.

Your inappropriate relationship needs to come to and end.

"This is wrong, Gray." He pulls your body close, his hands using your wrists as leverage to do so.

"It wasn't wrong a couple hours ago. Why is it so wrong now?" He had a point. But now that everyone knew and was against it, you couldn't keep it going.

"Bettleman knows. And he-"

"He, what" Grayson asks, his eyes were turning into a dark brown rather than his hazel green and brown. "What the fuck did he say" he yells slightly, gripping your wrists tighter.

"Grayson you're hurting me" you whisper, seeing his knuckles turn bright white as he grips the soft skin.

"Tell me" he orders, not releasing his grasp at all.

"He- he said we need to stop" you say quickly, hoping he'd let go of your wrists. He still doesn't.

You could feel the blood loss and bruises forming. "Grayson" you cry in pain, tears forming in your eyes.

He immediately lets go after he realizes what he was doing to you. A tear falls from your eye and you lightly rub the tender skin of your wrists, seeing the red fingerprints fade to a purple.

"Fuck, i'm so sorry" he says, sitting on his bed. The white towel around his hips was dangerously close to letting loose. He leaned forward and dug his head into his hands, gripping his hair as he lets out a frustrated groan. "What did you tell him?" He asks looking up at you with questioning eyes. They were full of hope and wonder. You were about to crush every ounce of hope he had.

You take a deep breath, "i said i'd make it happen by the time he gets back" you say truthfully. You couldn't lie to Grayson. "Katrina needs you Grays-"

He stands up, yelling loudly, "i don't fucking care what she needs! I need you. But no one fucking cares about what i need."

You could feel the rage radiate from him. "Here's what's going to happen" he seethes, walking forward as you walk back. "For the next four days, we will act like we hate eachother. For Bettleman's sake. And when i'm out of here," he pushes you lightly against the wall, lingering his mouth near your ear, "they don't have to know what happens between us."

"Grayson i'll get fired" you whisper, looking at the side of his face. He sighs and pulls back, his mouth so close to yours.

"Who cares? This job isn't even close to what you can amount to, babygirl." He kisses your jawline, peppering your skin up and down your neck on your left side.

He ghosts over your sweet spot causing a tingling in your thighs.

"Now, where were we" he asks. His hands snake around your waist, pulling your clothed body to his bare torso. The only thing between you and his member was a thin pair of jeans and a towel.

"But-" you wanted to protest but his lips stopped you from doing so. They tasted sweet, like candy. His tongue pried open your lips and darted inside, exploring everything as it danced with your own.

Small groans of excitement came from his throat. You could feel his hardening friend against the insides of your thighs. He pulls away and you two gasp for air, "Grayson" you say shaking your head slowly. "We can't, i'm sorry" you whisper to him.

He sighs deeply and places his forehead against yours. "I wish it wasn't like this" he says in a low voice. He sniffles slightly, fighting the sadness he was feeling. "I wish it was you and not her."

"Me too, Gray."

After that, you left his room. Mascara was staining your cheeks, hatred was staining your heart. Hatred for Katrina. Hatred for Bettleman.

You make it to a bathroom and look in the mirror. Your eyes were dry and red. Mascara was in streaks down your face. You grab some paper towels and wet them, cleaning the black trails off your cheekbones.

The sound of knocks reverberate through the door. "Um, who is it?" You ask, wondering why they didn't just come inside.

"It's Jack" he says softly.

"Come in" you say, hoping it wouldn't be awkward.

He does as you said and walks in, closing the door once again. "Hey, you okay?" His tight fitting shirt wrapped around his biceps as he came forward, engulfing you in a hug.

It was an awkward hug more than anything. It wasn't comforting. More weird

"Yeah, i'm fine." You fake a smile and check your face in the mirror again, making sure your face was streak-free.

"You sure? You seemed pretty upset when you came in here" he says, speaking his observance.

"Yeah, i'm great. Just overwhelmed is all."

"Would you like some coffee?"

"No thank you, i think i'll just head up to the office and read over some files. I'll see you later, Dail" you smile.

He smiles back, causing his deep dimples to return. "Indeed you will, Miss Y/l/n."

Grayson's POV

I didn't believe she was actually serious. Especially after i laid out what the plan was. Acting like we hated eachother was a damn good plan in my opinion. No one would know... But now we don't have to pretend...

I don't hate her. I love her. So much. I should've told her that.

I stay against the wall, my head hurting from leaning all my weight on it. I turn to my bed, grabing some sweatpants and a white t-shirt, slipping them on. I take a deep breath and open the door, wanting to find her. I needed to talk to her more about this. Try to get her to see it my way.

I start to walk down the hall to where she probably would be; the bathroom.

I'm a good twenty feet away when she emerges, a small smile on her lips. Why is she so happy about this?

"She was playing you."

I refused to believe it.

Until i saw a security guard come out too. That is a one-person bathroom and they were both in it. Unnecessary crowding.

I recognize the guard to be Jack Dail. Douchebag. God, i hate him. He tried getting me to be buddy-buddy with Folley and that shit did not end well. Three days ago, he helped me move my stuff into my room and dropped all my stuff carelessly. What a dick.

He had a smile similar to Y/n's on his dumbass face.

"Hey Dail" i call out to him. I was closer now, maybe ten feet. Y/n had already disappeared up the stairs.

"Hey Dolan. What are you doing outside of your room" He asks, looking back at my room like i was a kid on time-out.

"Oh, nothing. Just wondering what the hell you and Y/n were doing in there, Pal."

"That's none of your business, Dolan" he says, putting his hand up to try and calm me down. It was eminent that i was pissed.

"Yes it is, since she just broke up with me." His face drains of color.

"What?"

"Yeah" i confirm, "leave her the fuck alone. Or i will kill you."

He backs off immediately, heading down to the first floor.

If they don't want me and Y/n together, so be it. But i'll be damned if they try to take away my memories and feelings. She'll always be mine. They can all suck it.

Word Count: 1338