XXIII

Your POV

You rolled out of your warm bed, Monday morning. You didn't really want to go to work, but the idea of seeing Grayson made your heart skip a beat; as well as cause a slight tremble in your knees.

"Hey, Y/n" your mom calls up to you. Her voice was exceptionally annoying this early.

"Yeah" you answer, yawning right after. You were perched at the side of your bed, debating whether or not to call off of work.

"I'm gonna need you to go to the store for me after you're done work" she says.

"Okay" you huff, not wanting to go anywhere. You wanted to stay late at work. Maybe see Grayson more intimately than your job required.

You knew it was wrong to sleep with Grayson... but, have you seen the guy? A. Damn. God.

You slip on a pair of black leggings and a light blue t-shirt you had from your old basketball team. It still fit from Junior year.

You smile a little, thinking back on High School days. They weren't always the best, but that's why you had Stella. She was your bestfriend for a reason. She helped you through a lot, as well as you helping her.

You pull on a pair of black Nike socks and your black Nike roshes. The outfit went pretty nice together, not that you cared. You were pretty convinced you were the most well-put-together female in the building for Grayson's taste.

Speaking of females...

There was a woman at Beth's desk yesterday when you left the hospital. A dark scowl was rested contently on her features. It made you uncomfortable, actually. Aside from her annoyed face, she was gorgeous. Her blonde hair and blue eyes were perfectly in sync with her slightly tanned skin.

You reach for your keys and think about her a little more, trying to figure out who she was. After seeing her, you didn't fully see her until you passed Beth's desk. You saw that she was about six months pregnant.

That's when it hit you. You dropped the keys in your hand, allowing them to clammer to the floor.

She's pregnant.

She was in Bettleman's office your second day when you were going to get coffee with Jack.

She's Katrina.

You bend down and pick up your keys quickly, bolting out to your car. You didn't want to waste time. You wanted to know why she was there. What she did. Who she talked to. What she talked about.

And there's two people who would know. Bettleman and Grayson.

Grayson's POV

I woke up earlier than usual. The sun was barely peeking above the horizon. Odd for me.

My heart skipped a beat when i thought back on yesterday's events. Y/n just tasted so good. Her beautiful legs wrapped so nicely around my face.

"Fuck" i hiss, feeling myself become uncomfortable in my sweatpants. This girl does some stuff to me without even being present in the damn room.

I flip the blanket back off of me, allowing my body to adjust to the nice cool temperature of my room. It seemed that the first three floors were air conditioned.

My legs swing off the bed and i stand up, wanting to shower before heading down to the nutrition center. That was what they called the cafeteria here. It's weird. The food tasted of plastic, unless it was store-bought goods.

As i gather my showering necessities, i realize i have way more freedom on this floor than up on the seventh. And to think, i never thought i'd make it out of here alive. Or in my right mind.

"You'll never be in your right mind, Grayson." i hated that damn voice. It made me think things i didn't want to. Do things i didn't want to.

I sigh and open my door, heading out to the shower room. It was located at the very end of the hall, opposite the side where the stairs are. No one was up yet, considering it was nearly six in the morning.

I push open the door to the showers and place my stuff on the bench. This shower room was even different. The showers were individual stalls. Up on the seventh floor they were seperated by brick walls, but if you were showering as a group... you'd see everyone's everything.

Yet this floor, there are doors to seperate your sight from anything else. It was nice. Really nice.

I peel off my clothes and set them aside, heading into a stall. I then turn on the water, expecting it to be scalding or freezing; just like the seventh floor. But no, it was lukewarm, perfect temperature.

My eyes look up at the shower head, liking that it was like a calming jet and not a subtle stream, blocked by years of build-up. "Special treatment" i blurt, smirking a little.

After my shower, i wrap my towel around my waist and grab all of my things, making my way (A/N: downtown) back to my room.

The sunlight shining through the window glared against the floor, temporarily blinding me. I drop my clothes on the floor and get out of the way of the light, getting scared when i see someone is sat on my bed.

"What the f-"

"Hi Grayson" she says. She looks amazing. Her long blonde hair. Those striking blue eyes i used to love so much.

"What the hell are you doing here? It's like six in the morning" i yell at her, closing my door completely. Her eyes stare at me while she leans back on her hands, her body more exposed to my eyes.

"You're only in a towel" she says seductively. I sigh, knowing exactly where she was going with this. I grip the towel harder, not wanting it to slip.

"I just got back from the shower." She nods, standing up with her hands on her hips, her toned body was the same as it was when i first met her.

This has to stop. This isn't real.

"Get out of my head" i say aloud, my heart hammering in my chest. This is crazy. I'm crazy.

"I'm not in your head, Grayson" she says, walking closer to me. Her body was emitting no heat, as expected. She wasn't real. She was in my head. "I'm right here" she whispers.

"No you're not. There's no way" i choke, tears threatening to show.

"I don't think you should be released" she says softly. Hearing her say that makes my heart lurch forward.

"Me neither" i say back.

Her soft hand caresses my arm, as she looks up at me. I don't feel it. "I want you" she says,"to rot in here."

I take a slow breath, knowing why she wants that.

"You don't deserve to be let out for what you did to me. To Troy." I swallow the lump in my throat that was slowly raising, "i want you to die in here, Grayson."

I nod slowly, closing my eyes for a second.
And when i open them again...

She's gone.

I sigh deeply, a tear falling down my face.

"Fuck" i yell, punching the door. It was a thick wooden door, so my hand is now throbbing with pain.

Right after i pull my hand away, "Grayson? It's Y/n" she speaks softly. I wipe my eyes, drying off the tears before i open the door.

I swing it open, seeing her in a cute outfit. She didn't bother with makeup. Good. She looks amazing without it. Her eyes trail down, gawking at body. "What's up, babe" i ask her with a cocky smirk.

Her eyes look at mine, immediately growing concerned. "Oh, are you okay? You seem like you've been crying..." I nod quickly, not being able to figure out why she's here. "I-i" she stutters.

"What" i say, trying to get her to speak.

She takes a deep breath and looks down at her intertwined fingers, "i know Katrina came to see you yesterday."

Shit.

Word Count: 1351